If I jailbreak an iPhone 4 from Verizon, will they see it?

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a note, I've tried to tether my internet network from my iPhone using PDAnet and MyWi to try and get the DSlite to connect to the net but it didnt work. I also dont think it could be done :/

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS and DS Lites can only connect to unencrypted networks or networks using WEP (outdated and insecure) encryption. An iPhone can only create a Wi-Fi hotspot with WPA2 encryptions. DS and DS Lites cannot connect to an iPhones Wi-Fi hotpot. (DSis and 3DSs can)

I could be wrong about this, but I believe a few months ago, a court ruled that Verizon was not allowed to charge their customers extra fees for hotspot ability on limited data plans due to some of the agreements made from the acquisition of another company.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use my home wifi, but my ds says it doesn't support the security my wifi uses. I would go in and change the settings, but I don't wanna fuck something up. :glare:
ds and 3ds ds mode only only will connect to wifi network/hotspot with wep ,maybe yous is set to wpa encryption?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS and DS Lites can only connect to unencrypted networks or networks using WEP (outdated and insecure) encryption. An iPhone can only create a Wi-Fi hotspot with WPA2 encryptions. DS and DS Lites cannot connect to an iPhones Wi-Fi hotpot. (DSis and 3DSs can)

I could be wrong about this, but I believe a few months ago, a court ruled that Verizon was not allowed to charge their customers extra fees for hotspot ability on limited data plans due to some of the agreements made from the acquisition of another company.
ds mode on the 3ds still has to use wep ,it will only connect to wpa for 3ds mode the 3ds mode and ds mode wifii settings on the 3ds are seperatred

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a note, I've tried to tether my internet network from my iPhone using PDAnet and MyWi to try and get the DSlite to connect to the net but it didnt work. I also dont think it could be done :/
Worked for me.
I tryed doing it but when I'm supposed to select "Set up a new (something)" at the bottom it doesn't have that option :(.
Connect it via ethernet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots