If I install emunand, will I lose SysNAND games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Wizardkoer, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    title says it all, actually I'm doing this for a friend so will he lose his eshop games if he install emunand? And also what is linked and unlink emunand and sysnand?

2. DingusPingus

DingusPingus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    no

3. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    Direct answer no.

Technical answer : Depends. :P

How will you access that emuNAND? If it is thru downgrading, if the game requires a higher firmware then downgrading it would make that game unplayable in sysNAND, but playable in emuNAND.

4. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    I will be downgradin gto sysnand 4.5 will i lose my apps?

5. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2015
    No, but they have the possibility of not working if they require a higher firmware version.

There's also the save problem as well.

6. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Can someone give me a full breakdown as of how to install emunand which lets you use unsigned .cia to play pirated games.... I DON'T have gateway. So far I think I have to downgrade to 4.5 then use the 'format emunand' thingy. AND I have a big question: Apparently, if an emunand and sysnand are linked (and apparently by default they are), they share the same apps and settings so if I install an unsigned cia on emunand what will happen to my sysnand if they are linked?

7. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Backup SD card contents, launch the Gateway menu, select Format Emunand, put sd card contents back; you now have emunand with all your stuff from sysnand. You don't need a gateway card for that.

You don't HAVE to downgrade to use emunand, it's unrelated.

Nands are linked by default, yes. This means they share the same ID folder. You can find that folder inside the Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card.
    When you unlink nands, the nand you format will make a new ID folder that it will use, while the other nand will use the original ID folder.

If your nands are linked, I *think* that if you uninstall something from emunand, it will uninstall from sysnand as well, and vice versa. I'm not sure since I've used unlinked nands from the start.

8. Wizardkoer
    OP

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    What if I install a unsigned cia on my emunand cfw what will happen to the sysnand?

9. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Nothing. It will appear on sysnand if your nands are linked, but you can't launch it.

10. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Read the stickies