Hacking If I go and buy a new PS3 Slim what firmware will it have?

OMGCracka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about buying a system purchased yesterday off Craigs List and was wondering what firmware it is likely to have? Thanks!

xmbri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you ever have it wired in or go wireless, it will ask you to update the firmware to 3.61, which will kill all mods on there.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've heard rumours about 3.61 being a forced update, but since you just said "ask"... sounds like it's not going to force it yet.

As for what firmware it'll come with, there have been reports of 3.56 or higher PS3s on sale for months. Older stock may still be lingering, but as ddet pointed out: buyer beware. The longer you wait, the more likely the older stock will be gone and only newer stock will exist. At this point, it's probably a fair guesstimate that 70% of PS3s on the shelves will have 3.56 or above.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my roommates finally broke down and bought himself a PS3 CoD:BlOps bundle, and it came with 3.50 installed... I had half a mind to help him jailbreak it already
tongue.gif

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
I've heard rumours about 3.61 being a forced update, but since you just said "ask"... sounds like it's not going to force it yet.

Rumors shmumors, they can't ever "force" an update, all they can do is refuse to let you use certain stuff requiring that firmware until you decide to allow the update.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just bought a new 160 GB PS3 and it was on 3.59 when booted IIRC. I'll check tomorrow, going to sleep in a few minutes :3

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse