Hacking If I format the System of my 3DS, which version will it be?

xxgugu123xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had a 3DS Xl Zelda ALBW version, and I sold it. It was sealed. When he opened it, it asked me to install a CFW on it. I have a CFW Blue 3DS, but I had to hardmod it. When trying to CFW his 3DS, I had to use RXTools, and I never used that before. After updating the system to 9.2, my Health and Safety disappeared. My question is: If I format his 3DS, will it be version 11.0? Even then, will this restore the H&S app? If this will restore the H&S, I can hardmod it and downgrade the system, which I'm used to, instead of upgrading it via RXTools, which I was new and I didn't do very well. P.S: I diidn't brick his 3DS, only the app vanished.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you format it, the firmware will be exactly the same as it was prior except that you will lose your NNID, games and saves.

If you update it to 11.0, the app will come back, but probably try and work out what happened to it rather than update. Someone will help you. Personally I don't have any good ideas except that if you modified it then maybe it will no longer appear unless you're in a sig-patched mode (ie in rxTools).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

xxgugu123xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The worst part is I used RXTools and installed FBI in DEVMode, or something like that, so I have FBI no more. I tried doing a sysNAND restore via decrypt9, so I was in 9.2, and gone back to 6.2.0-12, and I am in this version until now. So, formatting the system will make my system continue in the version 6.2, but will not bring back the H&S?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The worst part is I used RXTools and installed FBI in DEVMode, or something like that, so I have FBI no more. I tried doing a sysNAND restore via decrypt9, so I was in 9.2, and gone back to 6.2.0-12, and I am in this version until now. So, formatting the system will make my system continue in the version 6.2, but will not bring back the H&S?
Yep. If you do a manual update though (like from rxTools) it should bring back the app. If you enter back into DevMode then FBI will probably be there.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What you can do is to find a cia of the H&S app. Or download it directly off Nintendo... *Hint hint*

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Quantumcat, can you show me a tutorial of how to recover the H&S via RX, or something like that? Thanks.
If FBI/H&S comes back when you boot into rxTools, you can go ahead and update to 9.2 like you were going to anyway. If it DOESN'T come back then you have a bit of a problem. Linuxares' suggestion is to download the .cia of the H&S app and reinstall it but if you don't have any access to FBI or the H&S app then you can't do that. I think Universal Inject Generator can inject things into other apps besides H&S so if there's no FBI or HS in rxTools maybe read about UIG and see if you can inject FBI into another app (like maybe AR cards or something? I'm not sure).

Reactions: xxgugu123xx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey