If I format Sysnand, will a Gatway Nand restore put EVERYTHING back the way it was?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by godstriker8, Jun 20, 2015.

1. godstriker8
    OP

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Canada
    If emunand is the main thing, then I have no problems formatting sysnand if I can restore it later assuming there'll be no problems with NNID, streetpass, or the like.

Additionally, what happens if I make a backup of my emunand with all of it illicit CIAs, and then restore it to sysnand? Will they still be there? Will the restore fail and brick? Or will everything BUT the illicit CIAs be there?

2. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    There wouldnt be any problem with that, if you restore them to sysnand they will be there (Only cias of your region ) but they wont work unless you enter in gw mode, roxas mode etc
    If you restore a 9.3-9.7 nand backup to your sysnand you will not be able to run unsigned cias again

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Just answering the title, nand restore will put everything back as it was as long as you backed up the Nintendo 3ds folder along with the backed up nand.

4. godstriker8
    OP

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Canada
    I don't suppose there's a way to import any streetpass mii plaza progress I get in emunand to the restored sysnand later, is there?