Gaming If I dump my Pokemon carts to CIA, would there be a way to use Pokemon Bank on them?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title pretty much says it all really, I am thinking of dumping some of the more common games I switch between (Pokemon, Kart, Smash, etc) into CIA to install them onto my 3DS since it would be a lot more convenient than carrying the carts around, but, in the case of Pokemon would there be any way to get the bank to work with them that way?

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I installed all games to my SD and in Pokebank you can scroll between games on the menu so everything is much quicker and more streamlined. Just remember to backup and restore your save files to the newly installed CIAs and you're good to go!

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, I installed all games to my SD and in Pokebank you can scroll between games on the menu so everything is much quicker and more streamlined. Just remember to backup and restore your save files to the newly installed CIAs and you're good to go!
@Cyber Akuma read "backup and restore your save files" as use jksvm or savedatefiler (or other similar application) to decrypt the save from your cartridge and encrypt it to the CIA version. Actually jksvm is more friendly user on this matter.

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, that's actually one of the biggest reasons I hacked my 3DS, so I can backup the savedata on my games, so far I have done nothing with the hacks and figured might as well backup some of my more frequently played games. Just a bit worried about doing it right, I heard that some games like Pokemon had some sort of anti-tamper on the saves that prevent people from backing up/restoring them properly? This was long before CFW existed though with devices like the NDS Plus adapter.

If I wanted to keep a backup of my save across games, then would it be best to store it unencrypted and re-encrypt it to the cart/CIA as needed?

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's actually one of the biggest reasons I hacked my 3DS, so I can backup the savedata on my games, so far I have done nothing with the hacks and figured might as well backup some of my more frequently played games. Just a bit worried about doing it right, I heard that some games like Pokemon had some sort of anti-tamper on the saves that prevent people from backing up/restoring them properly? This was long before CFW existed though with devices like the NDS Plus adapter.

If I wanted to keep a backup of my save across games, then would it be best to store it unencrypted and re-encrypt it to the cart/CIA as needed?

Yes Nintendo implemented security checks to make sure you only use your latest save. If you use savedatafiler to backup your saves, you can delete the secure value after reimporting them by pressing R+X on the game ID so they will work with the CIAs. IDs for your region can be found at 3dsdb.com

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can restore a save back to a cart, I've done it several times after injecting wonder cards. The save will stay on your cart anyway, you're just making a copy of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr