Hacking If I downgrade my N3DS XL to 9.2 (Hardmod) how do I keep my current eShop titles?

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DS XL that is currently on firmware 9.7 with a hardmod that I installed when I bought it with a backup of my 9.2 9.0 firmware NAND. I want to downgrade it back to the original NAND for PASTA. I was wondering how I can keep my eShop titles on the 9.2 9.0 NAND.

I have downgraded before and noticed that the titles were missing since they weren't there when I backed up when it was still on 9.2 9.0. The titles are ones that work on 9.0 they do not require above 9.2 firmware.

Would I be able to just go into the eShop and re-download them with my account? I see that people do system transfers with two DS'es but I don't have a second DS to use unfortunately and since it's on 9.7 I cannot back them up with any of the homebrew applications either.

I am not to familiar with the 3DS file system yet and don't know which things are installed to the Internal Micro SD card or NAND. If anyone has some info or suggestions I would appreciate the help!

Edit: The NAND backup I have is actually 9.0 not 9.2 but that shouldn't make a difference with anything.

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
XP
Country
Canada
Take this with a big grain of salt, but I think that as long as your purchases are saved to your NNID, and the NNID is linked in your backup, you might be able to spoof firmware to access the EShop and redownload your stuff.Save data is something else completely though. I'm not sure if the 3ds's native backup system stores thing on the SD card
If your NNID isn't linked to your backup, then I'm not sure if you can re-link it through firmware spoof. Afaik you'd need no format your 9.7 to unlink it first.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you didn't reformat between your 9.0.0 Backup and your existing 9.7.0 setup, your unique keys should be the same, so any installed data should still read in the card, I would think.

If not, you can always spoof the firmware version to get into eShop with 9.2.0, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about (just odn't ask me about savedata!)

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take this with a big grain of salt, but I think that as long as your purchases are saved to your NNID, and the NNID is linked in your backup, you might be able to spoof firmware to access the EShop and redownload your stuff.Save data is something else completely though. I'm not sure if the 3ds's native backup system stores thing on the SD card
If your NNID isn't linked to your backup, then I'm not sure if you can re-link it through firmware spoof.

My NNID is not liked to my backup. I backed it up before I ever turned WiFi on...

Hopefully someone else has been in the same spot that I am in and has some suggestions then. I'll add that to the question list for anyone currently using PASTA already. Can you link your NNID with firmware spoof or does it have to already be linked before PASTA?

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you didn't reformat between your 9.0.0 Backup and your existing 9.7.0 setup, your unique keys should be the same, so any installed data should still read in the card, I would think.

If not, you can always spoof the firmware version to get into eShop with 9.2.0, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about (just odn't ask me about savedata!)

That's what I thought but I downgraded a while back when I was on 9.6 back to 9.0 and the titles did not show at that time either but I wasn't really looking for them since I was only on it for a second to dump a save from my cart before I went back to 9.6.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the eShop spoof and attempt to relink the account.
You can freely relink so long as it's the same console.

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the eShop spoof and attempt to relink the account.
You can freely relink so long as it's the same console.

Sweet now I just need to see what I can do about my save data for those same titles... I am still debating if I should wait a little longer to downgrade anyway since PASTA is having so many frequent updates.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet now I just need to see what I can do about my save data for those same titles... I am still debating if I should wait a little longer to downgrade anyway since PASTA is having so many frequent updates.

Save data may still Just Work(TM). If not, perhaps use the Save Data Backup tool (though whether or not that will act differently is unknown to me) where possible. Since they're digital and you're past 9.2, SDF/NTR is out of the question, so if those two don't succeed I've got nothing else.

Reactions: atkfromabove

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father