Hacking If i buy digital copy of game

Glisern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No. In order to do a system transfer, at least in most reports, you cannot do it from EmuNAND to EmuNAND which would require two gateways.
The New 3DS would need to be at 9,4 (newest as of writing) which blocks gateway.

Easier to just download the game you want to buy as a .cia from a certain site and then install it. Savefile goes to the system DS card, which you just transfer over when Gateway launches support for New3DS

wendeng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. In order to do a system transfer, at least in most reports, you cannot do it from EmuNAND to EmuNAND which would require two gateways.
The New 3DS would need to be at 9,4 (newest as of writing) which blocks gateway.

Easier to just download the game you want to buy as a .cia from a certain site and then install it. Savefile goes to the system DS card, which you just transfer over when Gateway launches support for New3DS

but you cant use gatewaay3ds on new 3ds right nw anyways so..

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Also he is asking for "buy" games. Ad far as i know, is not the same to download .cia "from certain sites" the same as buy a legit copy of a game. If you download .cia, devs will not earn money

Glisern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nope, once you're in gateway mode you can put the gateway on the second console.
You're right, Forgot that Gateway cart =/= gateway mode. But as far as I know, system transfer Emunand to Emunand is still impossible, and slightly pointless.

Also he is asking for "buy" games. Ad far as i know, is not the same to download .cia "from certain sites" the same as buy a legit copy of a game. If you download .cia, devs will not earn money
He's asking both buy, and system transfer. And if you are in Emunand, the best thing to do would either be redownload a bought game (which he could do, thus supporting devs, if that is his goal) or a .cia.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i buy it on 3ds can i transfer to new 3ds later and use gateway and stuff

Yes. You can do a system transfer from sys to emunand or emu to emunand. I've done both personally. Check out the writeup I did in another thread. And you only need one Gateway card, since you only need it to boot into emunand.

If your systems are different regions then you can still make cias out of your legitimate purchases and install them on another region 3ds with gateway,.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, E-peen? +1