Homebrew If I buy a wiped DSi, will there be any possiblility of obtaining Flipnote?

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 5,663
  • Replies 15
D

Deleted-394630

OP
If I buy a factory reset DSi, will there be no hope of ever getting Flipnote Studio for Ugopwn? If yes, does anyone know how to hardmod my bricked DSi? (I'm desperate:()

(Yes, I've asked in marketplace, but the only person who offered unfortunately could not do it for a while.)

Lord_Friky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only way to install Flipnote to a DSi that doesn't have it is injecting it to the NAND like when you install DSiWare. In order to do it, you have to perform a hardmod, so install Flipnote for Ugopwn isn't useful

Otherwise, you couldn't.

D

Deleted-394630

OP
The only way to install Flipnote to a DSi that doesn't have it is injecting it to the NAND like when you install DSiWare. In order to do it, you have to perform a hardmod, so install Flipnote for Ugopwn isn't useful

Otherwise, you couldn't.
Do you know anyone who can hardmod? I'm kinda out of options now.

D

Deleted-394630

OP
You should be able to redownload it from the store (at least until the end of the year) if the previous owner didn't erase the store account
Even if they did a format? I would think that deletes the DSi Shop account.

D

Deleted User

OP
Formatting doesn't delete the shop account unless you specifically do it yourself after the format. It its not too much money then you might as well see if its available in the re-download section of DSi shop (still up)

D

Deleted-394630

OP
Formatting doesn't delete the shop account unless you specifically do it yourself after the format. It its not too much money then you might as well see if its available in the re-download section of DSi shop (still up)
Thanks, will try buying one then.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do any of you know how to hardmod though?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@SketchyPixel If you want to have two, you can ship the bricked board to me with the backed-up (with any modifications you feel like adding) NAND image and I'll write it for you.
I don't need the whole console, just the mainboard, though you can send the whole thing if you prefer.

$10.00CAD for the work, you're responsible for shipping both ways.

I feel like helping a brotha out today. Helps me get over my most recent product getting screwed by a shitty manufacturer.

Hit me up in PM if interested.

P.S. Not doing any hardmods until my modboard PCB is done, so this is just a hardware rewrite repair.

Last edited by Gadorach,
Reactions: slaphappygamer
D

Deleted-394630

OP
@SketchyPixel If you want to have two, you can ship the bricked board to me with the backed-up (with any modifications you feel like adding) NAND image and I'll write it for you.
I don't need the whole console, just the mainboard, though you can send the whole thing if you prefer.

$10.00CAD for the work, you're responsible for shipping both ways.

I feel like helping a brotha out today. Helps me get over my most recent product getting screwed by a shitty manufacturer.

Hit me up in PM if interested.

P.S. Not doing any hardmods until my modboard PCB is done, so this is just a hardware rewrite repair.
I don't think I can ship internationally from the US, but I do know somebody personally that could fix the DSi (I'll get around to it in like a month)
However, (sorry for your recent product) if you need something to do, just send me a pm. (Editing files and stuff) (Maybe some research)
↑You don't have to this, this is only if you REALLY need something to get over this.
Thinking about it now, I should probably request a thread deletion, after I archive the page.
You're amazing for offering this though, and I don't know how to say thank you enough.

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think I can ship internationally from the US, but I do know somebody personally that could fix the DSi (I'll get around to it in like a month)
However, (sorry for your recent product) if you need something to do, just send me a pm. (Editing files and stuff) (Maybe some research)
↑You don't have to this, this is only if you REALLY need something to get over this.
Thinking about it now, I should probably request a thread deletion, after I archive the page.
You're amazing for offering this though, and I don't know how to say thank you enough.

To be fair, I'm Canadian, and shipping to NB is usually pretty cheap from the US. For just the PCB, it's usually about $10.00 each way for insured shipping.

You and a couple others have been doing a lot of work on the DSi lately, so I'm just paying my respect.

I hard-modded the first set of DSi's back when this all started, and I worked out how to hardmod the DSiXL myself by sacrificing one of my own to the god of hacking. Hopefully my modboard will fix the problem of hardmods being so painful to install.
FYI, the limiting factor is getting the ATtiny85 to a point where it both has USB communication and can read the eMMC chip simultaneously. Basically been doing code optimization for the last month or so. I have a version that works without any intermediate IC and plugs into a modded SD card adapter, but most people seem to be having issues tracking down a reader that supports 1-bit mode on the eMMC, so adding an IC and going straight to USB seems like the best option. I don't expect to be done for a while yet, but when I am, I'll send you one as well to help with your testing.

If you or the other devs/testers are having hardware issues later, just hit me up.

As for my product, don't worry about it. The SD2VITA+ was more of a fun design challenge than a business opportunity, so the fact that it got messed up in manufacturing was more of a learning experience than anything else. I wasn't going to make any money off of it either way, but it was nice to see it coming to life while it lasted. It just means that my future products will be more smartly designed and of an overall higher quality.

Reactions: Ryccardo
D

Deleted-394630

OP
To be fair, I'm Canadian, and shipping to NB is usually pretty cheap from the US. For just the PCB, it's usually about $10.00 each way for insured shipping.

You and a couple others have been doing a lot of work on the DSi lately, so I'm just paying my respect.

I hard-modded the first set of DSi's back when this all started, and I worked out how to hardmod the DSiXL myself by sacrificing one of my own to the god of hacking. Hopefully my modboard will fix the problem of hardmods being so painful to install.
FYI, the limiting factor is getting the ATtiny85 to a point where it both has USB communication and can read the eMMC chip simultaneously. Basically been doing code optimization for the last month or so. I have a version that works without any intermediate IC and plugs into a modded SD card adapter, but most people seem to be having issues tracking down a reader that supports 1-bit mode on the eMMC, so adding an IC and going straight to USB seems like the best option. I don't expect to be done for a while yet, but when I am, I'll send you one as well to help with your testing.

If you or the other devs/testers are having hardware issues later, just hit me up.

As for my product, don't worry about it. The SD2VITA+ was more of a fun design challenge than a business opportunity, so the fact that it got messed up in manufacturing was more of a learning experience than anything else. I wasn't going to make any money off of it either way, but it was nice to see it coming to life while it lasted. It just means that my future products will be more smartly designed and of an overall higher quality.
Wow, so without you, we might not have a scene! Think of all the bricked DSis that would be thrown out.
About the SD2Vita (Not plus) I have one, an amazing device to fight proprietary memory cards, unfortunately I'm selling my 3.60 Henkaku Vita with it soon. I remember deciding whether I should stay on 3.55 with TN-V. I had TN-V installed by @metroid maniac over a year ago at https://gbatemp.net/threads/vhbl-tn-v-ark-installation-service.434522/ and then I watched the countdown to Henkaku, which truly revolutionized Vita hacking. Thank you for all you have done for the scene

(My profile picture now shows up on google images when you search SD2VITA+ :yay:)

Also, heres a photo of my Vita Slim with the SD2Vita
20171122_105907.jpg

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, so without you, we might not have a scene! Think of all the bricked DSis that would be thrown out.
About the SD2Vita (Not plus) I have one, an amazing device to fight proprietary memory cards, unfortunately I'm selling my 3.60 Henkaku Vita with it soon. I remember deciding whether I should stay on 3.55 with TN-V. I had TN-V installed by @metroid maniac over a year ago at https://gbatemp.net/threads/vhbl-tn-v-ark-installation-service.434522/ and then I watched the countdown to Henkaku, which truly revolutionized Vita hacking. Thank you for all you have done for the scene

(My profile picture now shows up on google images when you search SD2VITA+ :yay:)

Also, heres a photo of my Vita Slim with the SD2Vita
20171122_105907.jpg

To be fair, I only did my work to reinforce the tools created by @WulfyStylez and help the scene along. I'm hardly responsible for the scene coming back to the DSi, just one of many proponents.

As for your SD2Vita, that looks like a V1 xyz board. Mine were setup with a 4th pad for all four chassis ground pins, unlike xyz's, which only had 3. We had some fun back and forth in IRC over which was the better configuration lmao
I personally own at least one of every revision of DS, DSi, 3DS, PSP, and Vita (+PSTV). Love modding hand-held consoles for some reason.

If the DSi scene needs any other hardware designed after the eMMC hard-mod board, I'll take care of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: