Hacking If I buy a new New 3DS XL, will the Gateway 3D work on it?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2¢ is to go to Best Buy and get one. They don't seem to sell as quickly there and you can check the SNs through the security boxes they are in without having to explain (or make up a story about) why you want them to look for a certain SN.

You can also delete the update nag. I wish I could say the same about my dealer; he won't leave me alone... I think it's because I'm his best customer

Drugs are bad. mkay
You shouldn't do drugs. mkay
If you do them you're bad, because drugs are bad. mkay
It's a bad thing to do drugs, so don't be bad by doing drugs. mkay
Don't be bad. mkay

Reactions: Ronhero

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i need OOT to boot gateway everytime or just once? how does the exploit work anyway?
Every time. The exploits are their initial entry point for code. You use them to launch their launcher, so every time you exit EmuNAND or reboot the system you have to perform it again

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only certain versions of OOT work, not all. There's a thread somewhere here that shows the correct versions
Every time. The exploits are their initial entry point for code. You use them to launch their launcher, so every time you exit EmuNAND or reboot the system you have to perform it again

so does that make cubic ninja a better entry point? do you need to enter through cubic ninja everytime too?

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does that make cubic ninja a better entry point? do you need to enter through cubic ninja everytime too?
No matter which game you use, the exploit has to be done every time.
Oot needs some way to inject the save, but you might actually be able to find the game used since it is what it is.
CN, after Ninjhax happened, became harder to find and much more expensive, but its exploit doesn't require save editing.

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The consoles at BestBuy are normally just stored on a shelf so you don't have to ask for assistance.

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
allright, last question, do every version of cubic ninja works or are there "fixed" version of the game running around?
If you manage to find a copy, any should work (barring other regions' copies). The exploit was fixed on the system firmware side rather than the game.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you *NEED* OOT or Cubic Ninja to run the Gateway 3D on the New 3DS XL? So that's another thing I need to purchase? Fun :P

Anyway, so are OOT and Cubic Ninja different? Is one better than the other for Gateway? Didn't quite understand what dkabot was saying. Thanks!

-Star

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, you *NEED* OOT or Cubic Ninja to run the Gateway 3D on the New 3DS XL? So that's another thing I need to purchase? Fun :P

Anyway, so are OOT and Cubic Ninja different? Is one better than the other for Gateway? Didn't quite understand what dkabot was saying. Thanks!

-Star
For gateway itself they are more or less the same as long as you have a way to inject the modded save file (requires an o3DS on 9.2 or below, or a save dongle)
If you don't have that, can't borrow or buy one then your best bet is cubic ninja.

With CN you can also run certain homebrew that can't be run any other way like decrypt9 on n3DS and all the .3dsx homebrew.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For gateway itself they are more or less the same as long as you have a way to inject the modded save file (requires an o3DS on 9.2 or below, or a save dongle)
If you don't have that, can't borrow or buy one then your best bet is cubic ninja.

With CN you can also run certain homebrew that can't be run any other way like decrypt9 on n3DS and all the .3dsx homebrew.

Okay, just to make sure I don't need to buy anything else, can someone verify this is all I need.

New 3DS XL (Firmware Version 9.2 or below) [$200]
3DS Charger [~$15]
Gateway 3DS [$80]
Cube Ninja [$35]

Just want to make sure that is everything I need to buy, and have a New 3DS XL working with the Gateway 3DS

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, just to make sure I don't need to buy anything else, can someone verify this is all I need.

3DS Charger [~$15]
Gateway 3DS [$80]
Cube Ninja [$35]

Just want to make sure that is everything I need to buy, and have a New 3DS XL working with the Gateway 3DS

Because of its use for exploiting in conjunction with being out of print, , Cubic Ninja fetches far higher prices now.
On the flipside, I've seen gateways for a good chunk less than $80.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

3DS Charger [~$15]
Gateway 3DS [$80]
Cube Ninja [$35]

Yes. If you want to save a few dollars you can buy the Gateway at www.eachmall.me it cost 53 dollars there last I checked a few weeks ago, and buy a USB charging cable for the 3DS instead of the wall charger, they are only like $2 and USB is everywhere. DSi XL/3DS/n3DS all use the same charging port so any USB charger made for any of those will work fine.

I got my GW at eachmall and I can vouch for them :)

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well dang. So long as it's the right region, don't mind me then.
(Though Gateway being less than $80 is still the case)

Also, i've heard that eachmall can take months to ship sometimes... i'd rather not wait that long just to save a few dollars :P

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. If you want to save a few dollars you can buy the Gateway at www.eachmall.me it cost 53 dollars there last I checked a few weeks ago, and buy a USB charging cable for the 3DS instead of the wall charger, they are only like $2 and USB is everywhere. DSi XL/3DS/n3DS all use the same charging port so any USB charger made for any of those will work fine.

I got my GW at eachmall and I can vouch for them :)

Also, hate to double post, but I can't find a Gateway card at ALL on eachmall... I looked through their flash card section, nothing, searched Gateway, nothing. :/

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
I just asked the guy for an N3DS and asked if I could look at the boxes first. He sat there while I verified the serial number and I handed him the one I wanted. I didn't have to come up with any elaborate story. For the most part, they get paid by the hour and could really care less.

Gamestop employees, on the other hand, were all up in my business cuz they wanted to know how to do it for themselves. :-)

Large chain stores wouldn't give a fuck.

Smaller stores like GameStop ask thousands of questions. Holyshit, when I ask to see if the disc is scratched they expect me to not actually look. They think "HE'S ON TO SOMETHING".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh