Hacking If I buy a New 3DS XL is it likely to be >9.2?

Kumadoken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not at all. Sky3DS and Gateway are very different.
If you want to use a N3DS, as things are now, Sky3DS is a better option (because really, getting ZeldaOOT or Cubic Ninja and using it every time is a PITA).
But for an old 3DS with FW 9.2 or below GW is a better option.
If using out of region games is important for you, for example. I use a lot of japanese games, it is important for me.
And good luck playing eshop only games like Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies in your Sky3DS.
Also the possibility to install CIAs and remove the card makes it way better, the battery lasts a lot longer.

Thanks for clearing that up out of region is a big plus...I myself am dieing to play river city rampage on the 3ds so I might look into gateway as well.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading that there is some sort of region support on sky3ds, let me look into it and try.

It only works on firmware 9.4 and below and doesn't work with all games. Plus Sky3ds cannot play eshop games which obviously that is.

But why would you have a sky3ds and have your 3ds on an outdated firmware. Isn't the main reason to buy sky is so you can be on the latest firmware?

sacredshinobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just called Bestbuy and they said they have ones that are QW1000 (not exactly 1000 but in the 1000's)

Did I just hit the jackpot?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8