IF Homebrew ARRIVES means offline forever;

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by stsaerox, Aug 1, 2015.

1. stsaerox
    OP

stsaerox As old as the NES

Aug 11, 2012
    Greece
    I'm wondering what are the signs so far, I just hope that I'll be able for sure to play again the games I bought, online. I found a Wii U used in version 5 .0 and it's a chance to get it in such case and use my current one in 5.3.2 for online. There are only two or three the I play online and I want at least backup the others that play online in older firmware.

I don't know what type of this access you have, what it means, and if you are able to tell us. Did you start developing the tools like loaders, USB access and such programs;

is it going to be like the original Wii? Does it got IOSes like the wiI to be updated in order to play online? Or Will you be able to do a version spoofing? Restore to a previous version?

2. cornerpath

cornerpath GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Jackson, Ms
    Yes you will be able to play online until the developers come out with an application like freeboot/xebuild
    all hacked systems had a freeboot/xebuild like application to update the system even 3ds with 3dnus

3. stsaerox
    OP

stsaerox As old as the NES

Aug 11, 2012
    Greece
    You mean we will use normal servers or custom?

4. Antonio Ricardo

Antonio Ricardo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Need to wait EMUNAND but they need to have acess IOSU first.

5. cornerpath

cornerpath GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Jackson, Ms
    No servers or emunand we dont need none we just need to spoof firmware thats all

CosmoCortney likes this.
  6. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    well if you just get a second Wii U for homebrew then you don't have to worry about it.

CosmoCortney likes this.