If Gateway came out with 2.0 today what would you do?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CIH137, Jan 16, 2014.

?

When are you planning to update to 2.0 when it comes out

  1. Right away YOLO!!

    56.1%
  2. A day after the release

    7.0%
  3. Within the first week

    12.3%
  4. After the first week

    19.3%
  5. Never

    5.3%
  1. CIH137
    OP

    CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    148
    13
    Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    If Gateway came out with 2.0 today and it had everything promised and maybe even more what would you do?

    Correct me if I am wrong in any of this:
    Gateway 2.02b has been since 12-23 with no issues until after R4 and clones reported issues.
    There maybe a time code but it seems like it would have went off early on even for gateway if it was messed up.
    I recently saw on another thread that gateway will replace any console they can confirm that were bricked with gateway, but none have been legit cases so far.
     


  2. Relenting

    Relenting Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    86
    70
    Jan 7, 2014
    Finland
    Wait and see.
     
  3. BigGamerz

    BigGamerz Member

    Newcomer
    34
    4
    Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    Same here considering what everyone has been saying.
     
  4. Technicmaster0

    Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,999
    603
    Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Right away YOLO!!
    GW showed that they test their releases before they publish them and I never had issues with a corrupted 3DS SD card.
     
    CIH137 likes this.
  5. BigGamerz

    BigGamerz Member

    Newcomer
    34
    4
    Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    I trust them too, but I guess I would also rather wait. I've had problems with one of their cards (turned out to be defective) and got a new one after messing with that first card so many times (upgrading and degrading). I just want to be on the safe side though gateways warranty about replacing consoles that are confirmed will leave me happy and paranoid because I wonder how they will test that such a console has been bricked by their stuff and not someone elses.
     
  6. Technicmaster0

    Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,999
    603
    Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    I never had a serious issue (except of the 2.0 beta 1 launcher that didn't save) and I want to test the features before I comment them.
     
  7. sudeki300

    sudeki300 GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    491
    89
    Nov 20, 2004
    i would use the 2.0 gateway update if it was released, even though there have been reports that gateway user(s) have gotten BSOD on their 3DS it could just be a coincidence. the BSOD was happening on the 3DS long before the gateway / clone cards were released. i think some people are not sure of they have used a modified launcher or not, i remember reading quite a large number of threads of different users first trying out the launcher.dat files of the 3dslink and R4I and orange flashcards with their gateway cards and reporting the outcome. i wonder if any of them are the same people who now have a BSOD on their 3DS...................................sudeki300
     
  8. Neo Draven

    Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

    Member
    822
    492
    May 3, 2010
    United States
    I'd update right away. No issues with my Gateway 3DS yet, besides not being able to properly update it to the latest emuNAND FW. Working on fixing that now, thanks to Technicmaster0's help.
     
    Technicmaster0 likes this.
  9. angela18

    angela18 Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    90
    18
    Aug 23, 2007
    United States
    I would update and use right away. Been waiting for multiromn for awhile now.
     
  10. gamefan5

    gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

    Member
    4,942
    2,064
    Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    I would wait. Just to see if it's stable enough
     
  11. nitrozz

    nitrozz GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    224
    9
    May 5, 2009
    I update
     
  12. kyogre123

    kyogre123 Mexican Pride

    Member
    2,919
    1,260
    Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

    but still, I think I would try right away.
     
    Yepi69, gamefan5 and CIH137 like this.
  13. justinkb

    justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    619
    210
    Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands
    Well, if you absolutely cannot afford to take any chance on it causing problems, you should wait and see.

    I'd update immediately myself. Not that I'm swimming in money, but I am just itching for multi rom and rom dumping.
     
    Technicmaster0 likes this.
  14. alex_fr

    alex_fr Member

    Newcomer
    44
    29
    Jan 14, 2014
    Mexico
    I'll wait for the test subjects to try it first, then wait a month or more to see what happens to these test subjects :wacko:
     
    Cyberdrive likes this.
  15. Nobunaga

    Nobunaga Empty

    Member
    2,057
    218
    Apr 19, 2010
    Greece
    I would wait one day :) (Like I always do) :P
     
  16. Kupie

    Kupie GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    223
    100
    Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    YOLO

    That's how I always treat the piracy scene. I always expect something to go wrong :lol:
     
    justinkb likes this.
  17. JonnyMohawk

    JonnyMohawk Member

    Newcomer
    49
    29
    Feb 24, 2012
    United States
    I'd update.


    The more interesting question is if Gateway came out with 2.0 today what would R4 do? If R4 released their version of it would you update?
     
    yabbitboy, gamesquest1 and justinkb like this.
  18. 3bbb7

    3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    792
    70
    Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    you supporters of gateway are pretty quick on this...
    Why?

    You can't trust them just because they released the first publicly available cart to play 3DS games.
    Sure, they have proved to be quick on updates and the cart works, but how can you trust them... They are some random company we had never heard of until they hyped this up, then released the working cart. That doesn't make them trustworthy. Just look at all these supposed brick codes that are in the cart.
    What if they go rogue? Take the money of thousands, hype an update, ruin lots of 3DS systems, it would be the biggest news since DS flashcarts began. They could ruin sales, they could RUIN sales for LOTS of companies selling and producing carts. Yeah their company goes down, but it goes down and everyone's going to remember them for years. And they ruined other cards potential sales.
    What are you going to do? Sue them? I mean you wern't doing anything illegal when buying the cart to play pirated games, then you didn't go download any 3DS ROMs, obviously.
     
  19. Huntereb

    Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,748
    948
    Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    If it came out, I wouldn't use it, unless they specifically state the bricking code has been removed, and it can be confirmed by the tech wizards here on GBATemp.
     
    Cyberdrive and frown like this.
  20. snake7beckham

    snake7beckham Member

    Newcomer
    21
    4
    Aug 9, 2009
    Right away.
    I've never touched my 3DS since these brick news showed up. I believe the 2.0 update won't have any time-bomb functions since the damage has been done already. (That's if the rumors about GW implemented them in the last beta were proven to be true)
    Also, multirom:D