Hacking If Acekard 2i box color is white, is it still legit Acekard 2i?

taro_k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
hey guys!

i have bought 2 acekard 2i. when i receive them, i got 2 white boxes bubble-wrapped together. i was told that i won't be able to get a refund if the wrapping is torn, which means i can't check the anti-code on the back to see if it's legit without tearing the wrapps.

i have seen on the official AceKard site, saying they have released a new box design, yellow color with a dragon in the background. Does that mean I possibly have 2 fake cards? I can't tell without risking the refund.

taro_k

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
No it just means it's a different design box.

taro_k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
so, the yellow design box is actually an alternate box design, and is not the new box that is to replace the old white one?

taro_k

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
all the original box designs were a white box. at one point they added an orange "dsi" sticker to it. for xmas 2011 they had an xmas themed box, and then the chinese dragon box. that yellow box is the new one.

who did you buy from? all legit acekard products have a 1 yr warranty. they are just afraid that you will check, the cards will be fake, and then they can't send them back to acekard for replacements. if you don't check and you return it in the exact same unopened condition then they can just resell them to someone else.

gallery_111084_186_104638.jpg

gallery_111084_186_14425.jpg

-another world

taro_k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
i bought my 2 acekards from an official reseller, TVGAME360, with the help of a friend and a TVGAME360 shopper. they did told me that they sell two different types of boxes, but the yellow dragon one is more expensive than the original white one.

team acekard did say their new package for ak2i is the yellow one. what does it mean by that? in my opinion, that means the new box redesign should be the one replacing the old white box design, and that future acekards will always be sold with the yellow one.

should i really open it and check? will they say that i can't get a refund if there's damage to the box after opening them (fold creases, etc.)?

EDIT: the friend said, according to the TVGAME360 shopper, i have until Monday to decide if i should return it, or switch for a yellow one. i just wanted to know what the yellow box is really meant for.

taro_k

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there is no reason to sell one for more money than the other. hardware wise, they are the exact same card. it is just a new box. it should be a hw81 ak2i with a legit anti-counterfeit code on the back. the only difference i could think of would be the sticker on the front of the acekard. the new cards say "3ds" or some junk on them.

should i really open it and check? will they say that i can't get a refund if there's damage to the box after opening them (fold creases, etc.)?
you tell me, you're the one who said so....

i was told that i won't be able to get a refund if the wrapping is torn
-another world

taro_k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
ah, i was half-asleep at the time!

If it's just different boxes, then i'm not going to worry over it.

thanks again.

taro_k

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
as i understood it, they packaged the boxes in such a way that he would have to cut the packaging open in order to get to the top of the box. they said that if he cuts the packaging that he can not return them. so he was confused... should he cut it open and check or just return them and buy a different one.

the site he bought from doesn't sound very good. =P

-another world

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
which means i can't check the anti-code on the back to see if it's legit without tearing the wrapps.

If it's fake then you should be able to return it. If the only damage to the packaging is what would be required to open it to find out that it's fake then they can't complain.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
which means i can't check the anti-code on the back to see if it's legit without tearing the wrapps.
If it's fake then you should be able to return it. If the only damage to the packaging is what would be required to open it to find out that it's fake then they can't complain.
next time, please read the entire first post before you quote something. also, i didn't say that the OP did, yet you quoted me as saying it.

hey guys!
i was told that i won't be able to get a refund if the wrapping is torn, which means i can't check the anti-code on the back to see if it's legit without tearing the wrapps.

once again, even though the post above the one you just made explains it.... they told him if he rips/tares the packaging that he can not return them. if he is to return them they want everything exactly as it was sent out to him, in "new" and untouched condition. this was the stipulation of the site he purchased from. what he could do and why they shouldn't complain are not even up for discussion. its a great opinion, and i share it, but i don't see the point in continuing that discussion.

he also said that he finally understood that the box is not what made it real or fake (in this instance). that the box was just the box of the new ak2i design. after understanding that he expressed that he would use the cards.

If it's just different boxes, then i'm not going to worry over it.
as i interpret this thread, he has reached a decision and at this point he is gaming happily. meaning the card will not be returned, so again why continue the discussion with more opinions? his question was answered and his concerns met.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple