Hardware If a Switch Pro was announced, would you buy it?

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been on the switch hacking bandwagon since the beginning and I enjoy what you can do through Homebrew as we all do though as a Nintendo fan I was always excited for the next best thing... Though I love my switch and I'm actually put off the idea of there being a Switch Pro simply because it wont be exploitable at least not as easily as the original Switch was.

I know it's all just rumours for now but its pretty obvious at some point there will be a revision if not an entirely new console. I'm so put off simply because of this, I even loved using Homebrew on my 3DS and cant believe I went years without such access.

Whats your thoughts on this? Would you buy it when it comes out... Maybe you don't care for Homebrew, etc and would buy a Switch Pro anyways but for me at least, I just feel like waiting and seeing for the next one if it does become exploitable rather than buying a new console.. Maybe that's just me being 'cheap'.

Reactions: obiwansith

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been on the switch hacking bandwagon since the beginning and I enjoy what you can do through Homebrew as we all do though as a Nintendo fan I was always excited for the next best thing... Though I love my switch and I'm actually put off the idea of there being a Switch Pro simply because it wont be exploitable at least not as easily as the original Switch was.

I know it's all just rumours for now but its pretty obvious at some point there will be a revision if not an entirely new console. I'm so put off simply because of this, I even loved using Homebrew on my 3DS and cant believe I went years without such access.

Whats your thoughts on this? Would you buy it when it comes out... Maybe you don't care for Homebrew, etc and would buy a Switch Pro anyways but for me at least, I just feel like waiting and seeing for the next one if it does become exploitable rather than buying a new console.. Maybe that's just me being 'cheap'.
Yes

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find myself conflicted regarding this topic. Part of me wants to get the new console for the sake of being current but another part of me wants to wait to see what games actually need it. I got shafted with the N3DSXL, as only like 3 games came to america that needed it, and even though it was the very limited edition majora's mask one and was awesome, i still didn't NEED it, can couldvve saved myself a few bucks if i had just not got it. I guess the plan is to wait and see if this is more than just uneeded upgrade or the next big thing.

Reactions: obiwansith

obiwansith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Here in south America, Chile,

speculation sent the price of consoles skyrocketing. A ps4 slim in 2016, GOW 4 bundle had a cost of 350,000 clp, about 490 dollars approximately.
however, video game stores are worth 1 dollar per 1000 clp, which makes the cost of a console much more expensive.
I know that it is not the most expensive country in South America, but even so, it costs a lot to buy. on the other hand, not to mention buying second-hand, today a slim ps4, costs about 617 dollars approximately.

Reactions: VeniaSilente

samarston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel the same OP. I wish somehow there was an exploit in the upcoming version. Using it vanilla feels like I'm not using it to its full potential.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I don't see what it looks like and how powerful it is just yet. My best friend will buy it on day 1 and sell Jailbreak Switch. I am stick with PS4 and PS5. It is for my best friend, thought. He wants it.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If they release a home "console-only" (no integrated screen) "pro" model, then definitely.
Still a 'hybrid' model, then only maybe... partly why I'm still yet to get one - I know I'll only ever use it docked, so why pay for components that I'm not using?

Reactions: peteruk

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I will buy it, hackable or not. I already got a hacked switch for homebrew and stuff and own several original games and do online things on my lite. I think this will replace my lite, this will be added to my portable nintendo collection.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
If they release a home "console-only" (no integrated screen) "pro" model, then definitely.

You seriously think Ninty wants to compete with Sony/Microsoft directly again, by producting yauibb* ?
Is it tradition or wishful thinking that makes people blind to the reality that this makes. just. no. sense ?

Only when it becomes hackable.
As in 'never'

As for me:
No, or at least unlikely.
If a pro were to release, a successor is well around the corner.
I can wait.

*yet another uninspired black box

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,
D

Deleted User

I definitely will buy it, fully expecting for it to be too much of a hassle to feasibly Exploit.

I've had my fill of Homebrew on the Nintendo Wii and New 3DS XL, so the Switch Pro is where I endeavour to balance the Karmic Scales once again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all