If a company which you like sued you what would your reaction be like?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
So if a company which you like (so don't say depending on the company or who like companies) sued you what would your reaction be?

even if you came to an agreed without the courts and you had no financial lose.

Last edited by Flame,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ngl, I am pretty shady character and chances are super high that any lawsuit brought to me is going to be in part my own doing. So I would actually be pretty happy if everything was dropped. Then I would act like it never happened, change my identity again, and assume new life elsewhere

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Death
Taxes
Me being sued one day

They are all about as likely at this point in time.

It would then depend upon what I did to incur their ire and what I think their goals are. For instance for the no financial penalty in the end aspect then it is more likely that they want some information I dug up/created/reverse engineered, or a mod/method using such things to not be spread. I view such things as negatives.

I have seen the insides of many companies, (big and small, failing and raking it in) and by and large they are anything but principled and anything but sensible (though this does not necessarily mean they are dumb) or coherent.

There is of course a life philosophy that of course comes to us by way of a song

Wonder if my song choice will be used there to deem me a flight risk when the inevitable happens.
I would at least take stock of my financial situation, what lawyers I know (and there are a few, had dinner with some the other night even), attempt to assess the case and then figure if it is worth it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
so lets say nintendo for example. would you stop buying they games?
That would assume I buy their games now :tpi:

It really depends on what I'm being sued for.
If it's something legitimate, fair enough.
If it's some bullshit, I'd be pissed.
I'm not that much of a fan of any company, I have no sense of allegiance to any brand, and I have no qualms about dropping them.

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Only in america people keep suing each other lol

In any other place If you aren't doing some super big crime nobody is going to sue you.

So if they do sue ne i probably deserve it, i still would be pissed off but i would be pissed if i got sued by anyone else too.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must be doing something really crazy for them to take you to court, I don't really see the big three, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo really taking the regular user to court for a random reason, Sony has taken people to court for selling 5.05 PS4 with backup due to intellectual property. I know people would also hold grudges if they get ban from online services.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You must be doing something really crazy for them to take you to court, I don't really see the big three, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo really taking the regular user to court for a random reason, Sony has taken people to court for selling 5.05 PS4 with backup due to intellectual property. I know people would also hold grudges if they get ban from online services.

We have seen it for installing and importing mods, most of those tend to see convictions for also including games though so I guess we can dismiss that.

Equally one does not have to be a dab hand at assembly coding to spin up a nice site/guide for hacking things, even more so if you want to include the spicier files involved in some of this (prepatched firmwares, BIOS files and the like rather than having users generate their own).

Becoming a dab hand at the assembly bit is actually not the hardest thing in the world for a lot of people either. Not that you need it to translate a new game out. If such a thing gets DMCAed then there is the implicit threat of court action as part of that.

We have seen people taken to court by big game companies for simple cheats, mostly to online games but there is still the question of how much grounds do they really have on that one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.