Hacking if a 3DS Flashcart came with DS flashcart style setup came. Would you buy one?

would you buy one?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
by DS style i mean it enters into a GUI from the icon. no payloads or no buttons.

then allows you to surf with a GUI like the AKAIO or R4 wood firmwares.

Would you buy one?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Stargate already does this all 3ds features work on the ds gui no need to use the buttons

what @Technicmaster0 said.

its nice and all playing games garyopa, but when i think of flashcart i think of homebrew. im old fashioned like that.

with the community working together like we did with the AKAIO.

like a SDK.

edit:

i just want to make it clear, im a CFW crackhead. but a part of me wants a flashcart with a good sdk with its own processor, to do crazy homebrews.

but its a dream. i know flashcarts are a money grab.

Last edited by Flame,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
what @Technicmaster0 said.

its nice and all playing games garyopa, but when i think of flashcart i think of homebrew. im old fashioned like that.

with the community working together like we did with the AKAIO. like a SDK.

i just want to make it clear, im a CFW crackhead. but a part of me wants a flashcart with a good sdk with its own processor, to do crazy homebrews.

but its a dream. i know flashcarts are a money grab.

Stargate going to be releasing their own emulators which launch from ds side but have full access to n3ds power, and i will speak to them about maybe putting together a sdk or framework for others to be able to compile their homebrew to do the same, would be nice bonus.

@Technicmaster0 -- Yes, features are lacking currently with v1.0 firmware, but lots more features are coming, the new firmware under testing is amazing, so time will tell.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stargate already does this all 3ds features work on the ds gui no need to use the buttons
and it also boots 3ds roms from the ds menu.

i am loving the stargate card, even the mrs is loving how simple it is to boot either ds or 3ds roms all in one place.

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
I love the concept of the Stargate3ds but sadly the DS GUi mode isn't really attractive.

The only flashcard GUi I liked to browse ROM was the one of the DSTWO, had his own SDK and even had an ingame menu for NDS games.

After all Stargate is new, I hope it'll get regular update and for a long time, that how a flashcard survive.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Stargate going to be releasing their own emulators which launch from ds side but have full access to n3ds power, and i will speak to them about maybe putting together a sdk or framework for others to be able to compile their homebrew to do the same, would be nice bonus.

@Technicmaster0 -- Yes, features are lacking currently with v1.0 firmware, but lots more features are coming, the new firmware under testing is amazing, so time will tell.
Nice if they want to make own Emulators, but currently already existing Ds homebrew does not have SD access. It's a long way to go for own emulators and I will only believe that the emulators use 3ds power if I see it. The Ds mode is sadboxed.
Features like softreset and cheats are not possible for 3ds game the way the Stargate works.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't really see the point. Stargate does it and will likely improve over time. You can get cheap DS flashcards which do all the DS stuff just fine. There's the slow-running DeSmume port and there's TWLoader which is getting better all the time. Along with existing custom firmware, cards like Gateway and Stargate are already pretty irrelevant but hey, if someone does what Stargate did but does it better, I'd still at least be interested - I just don't see the need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse