Homebrew idk where to start.. how do i mod for smash?

DemiGemini

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to hack and Mod Super smash bros but ive never done any modding and stuffs for Switch. If I do it will I get banned online too? D: I'm new to some of this so im sorry if my question is a bit weird. Thank you :3 Having someone walk me through with it will be super helpful!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say if you played a modded version of the game online you'd be banned very quickly. the tos says that online play is a privilege (not a right), so once you agree to it, you're subject to nintendo's rules.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about the switch hacking scene, but I've tried to gather as much information as possible for when/if I do hack my system. I think in your case it's very likely to be both a system and account ban. I know nintendo doesn't like to ban accounts, but cheating or modding could be the exception.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get into modding, you have to be willing to sacrifice online play (easier to do if you don't have a Nintendo Account with a Nintendo Switch Online Subscription, which is required to play online Super Smash Bros. Ultimate). This is to minimize your likelihood of getting a ban. There are other measures you can take to further reduce this likelihood, but I don't know how far you're willing to go.

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use Emunand to mod smash and either stay offline or use switch lan-play to play online you won't get banned. Just make sure the game is still legit on Sysnand. Emunand is a copy of your switch software that you can do whatever you want on it, dirty the nand, etc. It will keep all your hacks and mods away from your normal switch games. Just make sure you install Incognito, 90DNS, and stealth mode if you have SX OS on your Emunand to block it from going online on Nintendo's servers because your Sysnand will be banned as well. Switch lan play is software that takes your switch LAN games or local wireless games and tunnels the connection through the internet, so it acts like you are sitting in the same room as each other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)