Hacking IDK where to post this SRY. CFW online

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
Just disable Sending of System Information and you are good to go. (I like cheat every day in mk7 worldwide and use level 100 modded pokemons on sun online). Just don't to stupid things that make obvious you are cheating, even tho the chance of someone reporting you are 0.00001%

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
People, stop spreading misinformation already, the whole Sending of System Information and Spotpass DO NOT AFFECT BANS! This has been REPEATEDLY proven since 4 years ago!

On topic, yes, 99% of bans come from cheating VERY heavily online (which bans you from playing that SPECIFIC game you used the cheats on, not the whole system) and playing leaked games before launch or dumps of leaked games even after release (meaning you have to redownload a new dump).

As for updates, if it's a game from your region or region free (meaning the same for all regions), you can update through the eshop normally, if it's not the same region you have to find a CIA for it. However, remember that certain games/apps have any of their pirated CIAs' tickets deleted the moment you load the eshop or any form of it (things like SwapDoodle loses all DLCs installed for example if you have at least one pirated while things like Fantasy Life doesn't, it's on a game-by-game basis), so if you have such DLCs that could get deleted find an update CIA even if it's same region.

PS: Also, 3DS is at end of life, so HIGHLY doubt any more banwaves will ever happen again so don't worry so much, even if you do get banned it takes half a minute to unban yourself:P

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This has been REPEATEDLY proven since 4 years ago!
Proofs?

On topic, yes, 99% of bans come from cheating VERY heavily online
Nintendo does not give a F about cheating, you can just go FTW with all the hacks on and no one cares(except pokemon games the 0.000001% of the times)

(which bans you from playing that SPECIFIC game you used the cheats on, not the whole system)
That is only on pokemon and can easily be bypassed

Last edited by Aquadraws,

uzimachi3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
PS: Also, 3DS is at end of life, so HIGHLY doubt any more banwaves will ever happen again so don't worry so much, even if you do get banned it takes half a minute to unban yourself:P

Hasnt happend yet but would gladly like to know

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As of when i bought my console (A few days before Christmas 2017) my friend seed, my secure info and my nnid are not banned, and i still cheat the f out of all the games mostly mario kart and pokemon.
It takes half a minute to unban only if you have another friend code seed

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Proofs?

Nintendo does not give a F about cheating, you can just go FTW with all the hacks on and no one cares(except pokemon games the 0.000001% of the times)

That is only on pokemon and can easily be bypassed
People have logged the data sent THOROUGHLY and found what is and what isn't sent:
Things we know for how Nintendo finds out and bans you:

It does not matter if you have spotpass on or off, or if you have the option to show your currently playing game to your friends, data is still sent to Nintendo on it while you’re playing.

The data that’s sent:

• Amount of time spent online
  • The game being played and for how long
  • The consoles hex ID used in LocalFriendCodeSeedB & it’s RSA signature
  • The consoles serial number that is hard coded in the SoC
  • The consoles actual friend code
  • If you’re online or offline
  • Your NNID
The data that isn’t sent:

• Your 3DS activity log, Nintendo has their own activity log tracking how long you’re playing what online
  • Games or apps that haven’t been played even if it isn’t legit, they only get tracked while you’re online and using that game/app
  • They don’t track any games or apps that are accessed offline
  • Having custom firmware (Currently)
List of hoaxes:

• “LocalFriendCodeSeedB is transferred to the system upon doing a system transfer.” LocalFriendCodeSeedB stays on the system and doesn’t move to another.
  • “The console generates a LocalFriendCodeSeedB upon first startup”. Again, this is false, the LocalFriendCodeSeedB is made during the manufacturing process at Foxconn. It is generated at the factory, flashed to the NAND flash memory storage, then created as an account on Nintendo’s online gaming server and Nintendo eShop server immediately when being manufactured. It is impossible to generate a functioning LocalFriendCodeSeedB by yourself.
  • “Switching off your currently playing info protects you” It doesn’t hide all that from Nintendo, only your friends.
  • “Switching off SpotPass will protect you” It doesn’t either, everything still gets sent to Nintendo it just gets you out of receiving SpotPass things.
All that was even posted repeatedly on reddit, on here (in the Banwaves thread) and so on. As for cheating, it's on ALL games, if you cheat online you get a GAME-SPECIFIC BAN, not system ban. However, it's almost exclusively in first party games, meaning Pokemon, Mario Cart, Animal Crossing, etc. where you can get an actual ban, almost all 3rd party games will disconnect you after couple seconds if you have cheats (or more than a few minor cheats) active at once (eg: Monster Hunter/Fire Emblem Fates/etc.). And no, game-specific bans CAN'T be bypassed, starting a new game doesn't unban you, editing save file doesn't unban you either, they are server-side and only way to get unbanned in such cases is to either wait for the ban to end (since they are often for X amount of weeks/months) or to do a CTRTransfer because unlike normal system bans game specific bans work by logging your Movable.sed (which doesn't change even with system restore, only by CTRTransfering another NAND dump over your existing losing everything in the process) and if X game is played with the Movable.sed or with a flagged save file online the server rejects the connection. You are thinking LFCS ban (which is the normal system ban), as that's the one that's VERY easy to bypass, just get a new seed and you are unbanned, but while you CAN replace LFCS you can't replace Movable.sed (aka game-specific bans can't be bypassed easily).

Hasnt happend yet but would gladly like to know
Well, on top of being able to unban your system easily if you somehow still get banned, all banwaves so far have been tied to leaked first party games for the most part, with no first party releases left for the 3DS, don't worry about bans, the chance for another banwave to happen is close to nonexistent unless Ninty decides to nuke the whole 3DS hacking scene with a major banwave so the 3DS can go out with a bang, that's what I'd do if I were them just for the lolz:P

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That thing was off in my n3dsxl since i bought it.
LFCS And movable(if it's true that they ban the movable) bans are easy bypassable by just replacing a file.

The serial code is stored in hex format in the secure info file and can be changed(you can see that by changing your serial, caution not to change anything else else bootrom error, then logging to your nnid)

Save Files bans are a thing and are bypassable by editing

Oh ye and if Ninty even still gave a f about the 3ds hacks it can just check what title are you playing if it is signed, if it exist on their server and if you have a legit ticket or license for it. Also thanks for letting me know that 1P do game-specific bans. How do you even know they ban the movable if that is even true?

Last edited by Aquadraws,
Reactions: ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill