Ideas on proposing my girlfriend of 6 months?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I proposed to my wife on Xmas morning after she's opened all of her presents I gave her the small box wrapped up and asked her.
This was after being together for 2 years, we have now been together for 9 years and only got married last October so we were engaged for 6 years.
Don't rush into it, take your time and think it through.
Good luck!

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought my friend got married rather quickly when he proposed after 9 months, but they've been married for a few years now and make a really good couple.

iceypathx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huhm, even if she was pregnant, Depravo, I would still love her. Now that people here are mentioning it, it is a bit weird that her dad wants me to propose . When I was dating her for 1 month, she introduced me to her parents. And that day Mr.lice liked me and his wife did. A week later a coincidence was that my dad and her dad met already!! They are really good friends as in coworkers. Dinner happened and families became close. Now we're here. I feel a bit weird now. I'll propose to her in about a year or two. But, how am I gonna talk to Mr. Lice??

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get her pregnant first, that is what thug did :D

imo proposing on new year's is a bigger stunner than on Christmas, I would go with that imho.. maybe include a nice beach restaurant setting, a nearby local romantic one. If you aren't near a beach like if you are in Saskatoon or something that is in the middle of nowhere, then there's probably some good places there as well that you know. I wouldn't do this at some drive in lookout (whatever those are called) in the middle of the night or such, make sure it is some well lit place and romantic a bit.

I guess where I live... one could propose at carrows am I right guys????? :D lols

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is this blasphemy?
Gamer's having girlfriends and some even wife's?
What kind of cross dimensional relay did I pass trough?

In case it escaped your observation we are on a somewhat Nintendo centric forum. It is not like most of the userbase are proper gamers.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this blasphemy?
Gamer's having girlfriends and some even wife's?
What kind of cross dimensional relay did I pass trough?

A place where people actually talk about their lives and the obnoxious "i will never hve grlfrind :(" crowd isn't the vocal majority unlike much of the rest of the internet.

scott1982

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey icey, It should be unique and importantly it should be something that you would feel natural doing. Some people ask over a picnic, at a restaurant, airport etc. I would plan how you want to and make sure she wants it to, because rejection is not an easy thing to hear.

On another note, I married my wife after only being together for 6 months as well and we have been together for almost 5 years now. If you both know it's what you want to do and love each other strongly then go for it.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to these people, they are just jealous that you found true love. I say give her a cheeseburger with a ring in it so when she is halfway done with it she'll bite into the ring and be like what is this and then take it out and be like YES! OH YES!

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Regardless of the fact you've only been together 6 months, do you think she'll be thrilled if she ever finds out that you couldn't think of a way to propose and relied on the words of some geeks on a forum?

If you really can't think of anything yourself (which should ring alarm bells, you don't appear to know her well enough to figure out by yourself how she'd like to be proposed to) then there's nothing wrong with asking friends for advice on the hush, or even discretely searching 'proposal ideas' in your favourite search engine. But it's at least to supposed to look like it came from you!

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait a minute you are 22, no diploma, short term relationship, and thinking about getting married? lol.

Look at what happened to spikeynds. He got married at 20 to a lady at 30, the he had a kid a few years later. Then after several months she divorced him and he was homeless for 2 whole months.

think about it. plus if you pop out a kid you are responsible for 18 years. that does not mix good at all with university, unless you want an ENORMOUS LIFE CHALLENGE which some do.

I used to know a guy who was engaged for 25 years, then he got cancer and got married..and then he passed away after a couple years :| that is a long time having a girlfriend tho heh

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Surprisingly enough, recently I went to a 25th anniversary of someone's marriage...during that time, there was one thing that was moderately appropriate.
"Young people these days, they know love, but some of them don't always understand commitment."

iceypathx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been somewhat inactive because Depravo was right. Her father agreed to transfer to Canada because since I was duringly dating her, she got pregnant. We wanted them to come with us because our family wanted to. I haven't noticed because being the new man of the family after my brother died of cancer, I had to help get our visas and stuff renewed. So now, the woman I loved cheated on me. I am very depressed at the moment.

I found out by her dad talking to me once again, and he was revealing the truth. I declined and now that our families are 3 blocks apart, it's awkward and my family doesn't know yet.

I am having so much trouble coping with this, and I feel like killing my self.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This sounds confusing now, so you are saying she got pregnant and she made you believe you were the father? How did you find out you were cheated on or w/e?

Her dad told him... he said that.

Dude, fuck her... not vaginally. I mean ditch that bitch. IMO there is absolutely no reason at all, no valid reason for someone to cheat on another person. Tell her to go die or something. Don't break the ice, fucking smash it.

iceypathx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still would have loved her if she came out to me when she got the news. Instead with all the drama with lying, and force of marriage... Made it all worse. The whole family knows, and now thy are moving back to Arkansas because they do to want to be near us.... I broke up with her, and still am depressed. Good news is I got admitted to a university and am working in a dollar store. Slowly, I'll get a new job later, until I'm fully on my feet.

Reactions: Blebleman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?