Hacking Ideal xbox 360 homebrew setup

Deleted member 333767

OP
Trophies
XP
Hello everyone, first time poster in the section.

I want to get a xbox 360 for homebrew (grew tired of the stale PS3-scene) and i want to know what the 'ideal setup' is. By that, i mean, most reliable xbox 360 model and most preferred hack method.

The only information i can find regarding this, is RGH is more preferred method of hardware exploit. I have a shop who can do the install for me, i just need to know what hardware to buy so the owner can put it in for me.

I live in a very hot part of the world, i don't want my console to overheat, so obviously i need a reliable model.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you :yay:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
360 is even more deserted when it comes to homebrew.
PS3 has more homebrew.

Anyway yes, RGH is the ONLY method to hardware hack new 360's (slims and updated Phats)
JTAG has been patched since 2009 and the chances you obtain one with a low enough kernel is almost non existent.

I'd say get a Slim (Glossy ones are easier to hack then matte ones)
They only need a Coolrunner 4 and a JRProgrammer to dump the NAND. (Coolrunner 4 should be available relatively short)
Crank the fan up to 75/80% in FSD (follow the tut on installing FSD in the tutorial section)
And you're good to go ;]

Deleted member 333767

OP
Trophies
XP
Thanks heaps for the reply mate.

Mainly i want a xbox 360 because legacy emulation seems to be a bit more comprehensive. Retro and legacy gaming is my thing.

PS3 scene seems to be capped at 16 bit console systems (aside from GBA emulator) but the 360 seems to have many other options according to the dev360 wiki.

I also spent a fair chunk of my early teens enjoying original xbox titles and I'd love to relive them.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No prob~

With the hacked Xbox emu, you can launch a few more titles.
As for other emulators.
The N64 needs to be loaded via XeLL, the rest is doable from FSD.
XeLL has more access to more power so if you find XeLL builds of emu's, their your best choice ;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk