[Idea/Question]About the Songs in Daigasso Band Bros P

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Jackall4BDN, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Jackall4BDN
    OP

Jackall4BDN Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares

Nov 8, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Within your Mind
    Hi everyone...
    I know i'm a bit late to the game, but since the latest anouncement of the new Splatoon-Songs i got into DBBP and DBBP-Debut and i really fell in love with it, even tho the difficulties that aren't boring as f*** are just rock-hard.

And while the Songs are midi-like and small, they usually sound really beautiful and are ACTUALLY stored inside the savefiles extdata, which is unbelievably convenient xD

What i don't like is hearing no singing in Songs that usually floorish with lyrics, and i found the recordingfeature which implements some kind or their own variation of Vocaloid1 it seems and generates Voicetracks.
    And as far as i can tell it needs to generate them seperately and can't make them sing along mid-gameplay, which hints to them being rendered into an actual soundstream.

Now to the obvious question, is the Soundstream in there in any known format or anyone with some knownledge willing to look into it? Because it would be beyond awesome to replace the tracks with the original voices of the actual singers which, with the acompaning awesome soundfont of the game, could really complete the songs, given that we can just convert and hex something into it.

Last edited by Jackall4BDN, Sep 18, 2015
    Februarysn0w likes this.
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I believe it's adpcm.

3. Jackall4BDN
    OP

Nov 8, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Within your Mind
    Well if it really is just that, then it really SHOULD be totally easy to manipulate them.

4. Jackall4BDN
    OP

Nov 8, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Within your Mind
    So assuming you know a thing or two about it, am i right in the thought that the streams might be located inside mgr2_.bin?
    they just additionally appeared since i played a bit, either they are to extend the songlibrary beyond some abitrary filesize-limit or i am right xD
    Compared Directories
    EDIT: Looking at it in this post again it could also be the mgr.bin inside the singer-folder, it DID grow quite a bit xD