Idea of a Moonshell 2.0 Beta 6.1/DSOrganize 3.3 combonation

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Volcanic Minotau, Mar 11, 2009.

?

What do you think of it?

1. Yah! They're both great apps, but combining them together would be even better!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. That'd Be ok, I guess. Whatever it takes to make a really good application

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, absolutely pointless. They're both fine the way they are.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Volcanic Minotau
    OP

Newcomer Volcanic Minotau Member

United States
    Feel free to farther explain the reasoning in your answers. I personally think that the combination of both applications would be cool, we just need someone to combine them [​IMG] *looks at osimonbinladen (one of the developers of DSOrganize 3.3)*
    And as I wrote about releasing the source code for Moonshell 2.00 Beta 6.1 "Yes, it's a great app, and people should be able to modify it since he's quitting the whole thing anyway."
    And for my last question, I would vote more or less yes, because I think everyone would benefit from some actual active processing going on, instead of just halted development. osimonbinladen would be actively thinking of modifications, so, if heero starts helping again, osimonbinladen will have new ideas that both of them can work on together. (not that I'm sure that osimonbinladen isn't thinking of ideas, but he could be utilizing those ideas currently in the development of DSOrganize). And sorry if anyone thinks that I don't know what I'm talking about, but I really want to see what the public thought, before taking this up with osimonbinladen himself.

2. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No. They're both fine and don't need to be combined.

But if Moonlight gives out the source code, then I think someone could do some good with it.

3. JDMEVOIXMR

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It'd be interesting, I'm sick of seeing the DSOrganize folder....

4. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Umm dude. Just hide it using globalsettings.ini, or hide the folder on your PC.

5. wolfmanz51

Member wolfmanz51 MrNintendosense

United States
    this is retarded its next to imposible to combine these two due to completely different development environments it would make more sense to just add a few features to moonshell 2 to make it have similar functions, and I care if the source is released untill Moonshell 2.0 final.
    Oh and change your poll Moonlight is not Quiting yet perhaps after he brings moonshell 2 out of beta

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Is moonlight quitting again? I thought the release of 2.0b6.1 was moonlight coming back?
    Based on http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/ it looks like there's plans to continue with the project...

7. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    It would be like this: TOO MUCH WORK.

8. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    This. Don't go making polls about what should be done with homebrew if you don't know how programming works.

9. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    i think what hes trying to say is that he want someone to start from scratch and try "put" a DSOrganize GUI into moonshell2....i personally think that this is to much work...have a good time getting people to do it....=p

~fgghjjkll

10. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    lol all the code should be redone than this will take ages for 2 person that eve speak the same language

11. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Why would you need to combine Moonshell 2 and DSOrganize? They're both completely different applications!