Homebrew [Idea] Nintendon't on 3DS (DS/DSi/GBA loader on 3DS mode)

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I think that this will be posible thanks to Ntrcardhax, but honestly I don't have developing knowlegde, I just sharing the idea.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asked several times before. here's smealum's response to one of these threads:
definitely possible. hard to gauge how good performance would be, and it would take a ton of work, but there's no real reason why it couldn't be done. at the end of the day it's more a question of whether anyone would want to work on it considering the limited benefits such a solution would have over just, you know, using the built-in backwards compatibility stuff.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, a lot of people asked for a DS emulator and that's not how it works.
this falls under the same category pretty much.

unless you mean trying to use TWL_FIRM and loading a game from the SD card, in which I don't think this is technically possible on the 3DS.

as for GBA, you have GBA emulators (gpSP and mGBA), as well as AGB_FIRM which you can patch or something I think.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
this falls under the same category pretty much.

unless you mean trying to use TWL_FIRM DS/DSi, in which I don't think this is technically possible on the 3DS.

as for GBA, you have GBA emulators (gpSP and mGBA), as well as AGB_FIRM which you can patch or something I think.
That's not what Nintendont is, it's more like a bridge between an emulator and a virtual machine which runs Gamecube games natively.
The Wii U has no MIOS(Gamecube Mode) but it can use Nintendont, so it wouldn't require TWL_FIRM or AGB_FIRM.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what Nintendont is more like a bridge between an emulator and a virtual machine which runs Gamecube games natively.
The Wii U has no MIOS(Gamecube Mode) but it can use Nintendont.
...it's kind of an emulator at that point if it's running under NATIVE_FIRM (or 3DS mode, I guess). and then smealum's response applies.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's not what Nintendont is, it's more like a bridge between an emulator and a virtual machine which runs Gamecube games natively.
The Wii U has no MIOS(Gamecube Mode) but it can use Nintendont, so it wouldn't require TWL_FIRM or AGB_FIRM.
But Nintendon't indeed uses MIOS, but on Wii mode.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, a lot of people asked for a DS emulator and that's not how it works.
Hate to burst your bubble, but Smealum said that and you're telling him he's wrong....You do realize Smealum is the one who made all of this happen, correct? He probably knows best what it can do and HOW it works.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the thing is, the 3DS has a backwards compatibility layer in the form of TWL_FIRM. that can just be used. not to mention DS-mode flash carts are pretty cheap nowadays I think.
No looking a way to run DS games, I alreally have a R4 and a DSTWO, Its just for optimization.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs