OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be a good idea for nintendo/anyone to make AR Cards on a T-Shirt, so when you take a picture of someone, you dont need the AR Cards.:

3DS-AR-Cards.jpg

3DSgames_AR.jpg

1zl9euu.jpg

*NOTE* I do not own any of these pictures (except I edited/Made the last one to show what I mean about this post)

Post what you think about it

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Wouldn't the characters be standing on the person chest?
laugh.gif

Yup... But cant you can also move the characters and change the poses?

QUOTE(princefarzan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:58 PM) I'm pretty sure it has to be a direct picture of the card printed onto the shirt for it to work and even then the person can't be moving for it to be detected properly.
It can work... it will just take a couple of seconds getting the 3ds in the right position for the AR to take place

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, all you need to do is tape (not covering the main image) the AR Card to any surface that stays still for a while, but it then can move, and the AR Card games will still work. You can tape them to a person's shirt, your cat, your dog, your little sister's head, the side of a merry-go-round, etc. Just as long as it has enough time to recognize and initialize the game, it can move.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
princefarzan said:
I'm pretty sure it has to be a direct picture of the card printed onto the shirt for it to work and even then the person can't be moving for it to be detected properly.
This. The warping and distorting of a T-shirt when a person moves would confuse the 3DS's sensors and software. Wouldn't work well.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Just a thought... I can agree that it may be a bit hard for the 3ds to pick it up... We will see when the 3DS comes at launch in the US and/or UK... (I preordered mine lol) The whole AR thing is just amazing in my opinion

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be cool if Nintendo made advertising billboards and posters that acted like AR cards, where you can see moving characters atop buildings, etc. Or maybe it would end up looking like this....

theylivebdcap3.jpg

crossbowgurl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How about an AR mode that recognizes different things irl

like... normal signs and stuff
biggrin.gif
a stop sign, handicap sign, metro signs etc

G

geenlung

Wasn't the xbox kinect suppose to have that feature? I remember the promo video showed some kid scanning in a skateboard to use in a game.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't work well as the shirt would be moving and, i hate to sound trollish but it's not that good of an idea anyway, i don't really see the point... (no offence OP)

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheTwoR's said:
BEST IDEA:
AR Blanket
biggrin.gif

Sleep with Mario on top of you.
That'd be kinda weird, don't you think? If somebody just randomly walked in your room (hypothetical scenario) with their 3DS and playing AR Games, then wouldn't it kinda look like Mario is humping you at one point? 0.o Just a thought.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo should make a card-making app that lets you make cards, then send it in to nintendo. If nintendo likes it, they can make it and release an update and a printable version / buyable version of the card. That would be sick but then the nintendo servers will get flooded with requests...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...