Rykin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do forgive me if I am mistaken, but I may have a direction some can follow in order to increase the amount of games that work with VC injections.

Currectly, we are limited by filesize. Not all games can be tested with all the N64 channels due to the n64 image file being too large.

I read a post on Wiinewz that broke down the .app files which are contained within a .wad file. The post by ccfman2004 stated that 00000001.app contains the actual emulator program.

Would it be possible to inject a large ROM into a game, such as Sin & Punishment, yet use the 00000001.app file from another VC channel to see if the emulator for that VC game works better with that particular ROM?

I've tried it myself, but it gives an error when attempting to install. I figured I'd mention it here so that perhaps a more skillful user (perhaps someone who knows what needs to be hex-edited) can adapt the 00000001.app file so while it maybe from another VC title can still work with the current set of *.app files.

This may get some games, such as Hydro Thunder, to work. HT needs the controller pak, but the game is too large to inject into say MK64 (which used the controller pak). However, if the 5.app from S&P could be used and the 1.app from MK64 we could have a working game.

Just a thought.
ohmy.gif
Hope someone plays with it (or quickly notes how useless it might be.)

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it would be great if we could get the emulators extracted and turned into elf files that we can boot without having to install them as channels.

aaa2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game specific emulator is not the problem that prevents us from getting more games working but the gamespecific patches that are bound to the emulator if these patches got got seperated from the emulator by maybe altering special input files it might increase the number of games working! For example the Zelda Oot Wad has some Texture Patches inside and if the Emulator is not capable to apply these Patches to a game it makes the Emulator crash! So if we do not want it to crash we have to remove the bonds between the Emulator and said Patches, which might me rather difficult!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet