Idea for an app

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by leondmsmith, Mar 11, 2010.

Mar 11, 2010

Idea for an app by leondmsmith at 10:59 PM (508 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. leondmsmith
    OP

Member leondmsmith GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    So i just been hacking my new PSP and i used a program called PSPident.

I thought what an awesome little program, tells you everything about the PSP.

I also just done a new white wii which my colleague said she had for ages but had one of the new drives so i couldnt corp it for her.

So how about one of you super devs possibly makes a little prog you can run before hacking which will say what type of drive is on the target wii so it makes it easier to go ahead or not.

I know its a bit presumptuous but is this possible? Should just be a call to dvd drive with a specific command? Well im thinking that anyway lol

Im sure i will get loads of ppl telling me to do it myself but anyone that really knows if this is possible or even better, could code it - please let me know or if its not too much to ask please do it =)

Or am i talking out my ass and nobody else would find this useful =)

many thanks

Leon

2. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    There is an app out there that give some info about the drive, I cant for the life of me remember the name of it and have no time to go looking but sometihng already does exist.

Also you can use this http://www.wiidrives.com/list it's not perfect but it's pretty decent imho.

3. leondmsmith
    OP

Member leondmsmith GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    nice one, an app would still be pretty sweet if someone can get me a link =)

4. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica