Idea for 11.8 online piracy bypass

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jimmyj, Aug 2, 2018.

1. jimmyj
    OP

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    so I've not seen anyone mention this,but legit cias have a legit universal signature and so also the ticket that gets sent to Nintendo is correct. Although not every title has a legit cia,but for example,pokemon and smash have their own legit cias,so does mario kart7. I think this could be a starting point to bypassing the online 11.8 security checks.

2. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    I'm pretty sure those universal tickets were done specifically because they were bundled with 3DS's, and they would only ever work for the their own game.
    We can't create valid universal tickets, only Nintendo can.

Though if I'm wrong on this, someone feel free to correct me.

3. WaluigiMan

WaluigiMan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Germany
    at ur moms place
    im not sure about your idea but installing cias with fbi is still safe on 11.8 or villian3ds

4. jimmyj
    OP

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    that's not what I meant. We can use these titles as a workaround the freeshop ones. I know not every title has a universal ticket but these few titles are safe for online.

5. Searinox

Searinox Dances with Dragons

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    Just don't report any installed tickets that don't have valid sigs and send only the legit ones. This will mean only purchased or freeware downloaded apps. It doesn't have to report every title. Legit CIA sigs only cover a handful of titles anyway.

6. jimmyj
    OP

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    but it does report every title. And why is everyone telling me that there are only a few legit cias? I already explicitly said I knew it in the OP :P

7. Searinox

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    Yes. It does report every title. And the idea is to make it not do so. This is something that a CFW can patch.

8. jimmyj
    OP

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    that's equally stupid. If nintendo detects you being on 11.8 and doesn't recive the reports then it means something is up.

9. Searinox

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    No it isn't. If it doesn't see the ticket for the title it assumes it's not installed. At most it won't offer you updates for those titles, but you can download updates manually from their shop anyway. And if it detects you playing the titles, it can't know if it's cartridge or SD install. Only tickets could have resolved this ambiguity. If they don't, Nintendo can't know for sure.

jimmyj likes this.
  10. jimmyj
    OP

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    but aren't tickets ALWAYS needed to just even BOOT the game?

11. WaluigiMan

WaluigiMan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Germany
    at ur moms place
    but the tickets are only checked while downloading the game not while playing

12. Searinox

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    Yes they are. But a CFW can patch it not to SEND every ticket it has. Just those it knows will check out for N. That way Nintendo gets to do their expected 11.8 check and doesn't receive compromising information.

Last edited by Searinox, Aug 2, 2018
    jimmyj likes this.