Hacking (Idea) finding the pinouts of a vita memory card

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was thinking of ways to find the pinouts of a vita memcard to make a adapter to a sd card. Couldn't we use a multimeter and do a continuity test on the card?

6jd0M.gif

This is the layout for a male pinout. Has anyone tried this idea yet?

If we find the pins we could then make something like this

275px-MMC-SD-miniSD-microSD-Color-Numbers-Names.gif

in which the final product would probably look like

o6mg7b.jpg

More realistically would be the one on the left. What do you guys think?​

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now there is nothing but poc stuff out there now with no testing or experimenting.
In any case it might be better to go through the gamecart instead though this will probably require cfw

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now there is nothing but poc stuff out there now with no testing or experimenting.
In any case it might be better to go through the gamecart instead though this will probably require cfw
Id be happy to test my self its just I have one Memory card so if i made a mistake id have to shell out $20 for another 4gbs. I agree it would be better and more practical to go through the game cart but I'm sure sony added some kind of security for that. I also think the ribbon cable idea is the most feasible as of now.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I mean if the rip off chinese have not done it yet it's probably a security problem on the VITA rather than finding the pin out.
This is what i was thinking.. or maybe its neither and the vita cards are similar to the old xbox 360s where even though, when you open up the case, theres a laptop hard drive inside, no normal laptop hard drive would work, because they had a signed security sector that would identify the hardware. So what people did to upgrade storage for cheap was buy specific western digital laptop drives and flash the security sector appropriate to what capacity it was. so the sector info would match all the hard drive info. plenty of interesting schemes like that.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
It looks like the cobra black fin did it, just really expensive, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on that? http://cobra-blackfin.com/products.html
That blackfin card might actually work.

We have access to the gamedir of the card.
If our homebrew loader would redir a game load to the gamecard = profit.

I think that's how gw worked.

D

Deleted-355425

I would like to remove the mystery port on the vita 1000 and have a mini SD adaptor in its place, hardmod inside and that would be the mutts nuts.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to remove the mystery port on the vita 1000 and have a mini SD adaptor in its place, hardmod inside and that would be the mutts nuts.
Well you can't really do that I think. The mystery port was a failed deal by Sony and Panasonic essentially i believe it was a built in capture card but if you follow the connections on the circuit board it gets cut out right before it reaches any video output.

D

Deleted-355425

Well you can't really do that I think. The mystery port was a failed deal by Sony and Panasonic essentially i believe it was a built in capture card but if you follow the connections on the circuit board it gets cut out right before it reaches any video output.

Of course you can remove it and solder in your own hardware.

D

Deleted-355425

Well if there is any hope in that, im sure glad i have a vita 1k with the spare port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself