Hardware [IDEA] Could third-party Joy-Cons be made at some point?

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be incredibly expensive. Nintendo gets the parts for joycons, at the price they do, because they are making millions. A third party would be producing 10k at best, and that would be a gamble, even for someone like Nyko. They would get no where near the discount Nintendo does for the manufacturing process, parts, labor, etc. So at best, you might get a 3rd party option that would be the same price, or even more expensive than the official Nintendo version.

Even though Nintendo themselves did file for patents and were granted them. I know some company is either taking Nintendo to court, or alleging that they stole their design when it comes to the console/joycons. The pro controller I don't think Nintendo has a patent for. I don't think they are allowed to patent it when it has a basic shape, which has been used for quite some time now.

Edgy_Edge

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
If somebody will produce it, then it'll have some defects like those third party controllers - for example lack of motion-controls. If third party make their Joy-Con with identical features, they will cost 10$ less then official, so there's not much profit for the scumbags.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.