id Want DS Monies + Orcs & Elves Wii

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=29613

- ID is working on a cell phone version of Wolfenstein, and they would like to do a simultaneous cell phone/DS release of the game

- When asked if ID has looked into Doom for the DS, both Anna and John said it is being looked into. John is not sure a Mature game can be highly successful on the DS, so they are keeping an eye on the market.

- New IPs are definitely being worked on, but no specific information or platforms were mentioned

- ID is watching the success of Orcs and Elves on the DS. If it does well enough, they will move into a high-end version of the game for Wii and PSP. John actually states that he would like to do the Wii version as the priority, but a PSP port just makes sense. When it comes to the Wii, they can do a lot of things that are new, and realize some ideas that aren’t possible on other platforms.

There was also talk of Quake Arena DS being made a few months back. I'm hoping if all this comes about that we'll have new games and not ports, as well we already have good homebrew ports.

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    That all sounds great, exept for the last one. I mean, come on, Orcs and Elves on the Wii?!

3. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    a bigger version of Orcs and Elves for the Wii? I'm playing the DS version and lovin it.. that might work..

still I would preffer an ID FPS game for the Wii.. great news on Wolfenstein DS [​IMG]

4. Nookadum

Newcomer Nookadum Member

Philippines
    http://blogs.ign.com/OrcsandElves/

This is John Carmacks (and his wife, Anna Kangs) blog about the technical aspects and their limitations when creating Orcs and Elves for the DS. It's a pretty interesting read for those who aspire or wish to make a game for the system.

And Quake Arena DS would be fuckin' awesome! [​IMG]