id Unleashes Impressive Rage On The iPhone

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Vidboy10, Aug 12, 2010.

Aug 12, 2010
  1. Vidboy10
    OP

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    During his keynote speech at QuakeCon 2010, id Software's John Carmack demonstrated Rage on the iPhone, running at 60 frames-per-second and able to "kill anything done on the Xbox or PlayStation 2."

Carmack's demonstration, using the id Tech 5 engine, could possibly be the most impressive tech we've seen on the iPhone. Running on the iPhone 4 but easily run on the 3GS, the visuals indeed rivaled anything from the PlayStation 2 and original Xbox, and might even be able to give a few current-gen titles a run for their money.

The first Rage game for the iPhone will be a small "show-off" sort of title, with a larger game due out next year to coincide with the big game's release.[/p]
    [​IMG]Source And Video

2. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    The only way I'm interested in a game called Rage is if it's sandwiched neatly between 'Streets of' and '4'.

3. TwinBlades

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    lol, this is freaken amazing, RAGE AT 60 FPS! But the part where it says that the iPhone 4g is powerful as 360 and PS3 is very doubtful...

Heres more info from macrumors.com

4. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    It said original Xbox and PS2 not Xbox 360 and PS3.

Oh wait I think I get what you mean, giving current titles a run for their money thing.