1. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Cubi™ COVID-19 Safe!

Antarctica
    Now we just need to wait for Bethesda to find some way to fuck this up

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Well, I never buy pc games with Denuvo in it. Least until it's removed. I mean, some games are like over 4 years old and still has it. I just prefer not to have my games I paid for bogged down by software I am not familiar with. I don't know what it does and I don't want it messing with my game or my systems that I'm not aware of because they probably forgot to put in a disclaimer (not that most people read it) :blink:

I understand the need to protect the games from piracy, but it feels like the reputation has just made a worst impact on things especially for people who has obtained it legitimately. Next thing I know, Anti virus programs will start labeling games as malware and now is a problem to believe programmers are making the games safe for use or we have paid for faulty virus protection. :ninja:

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    When people are forced to install Ring 0/kernel level drivers to prevent online cheating, even when they only play single player, you know the developer is run by dumbasses. The BSODs were the least of their worries.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  4. PerfectB

PerfectB Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The whole "angry mob" mentality is a bit silly and blows up insignificant issues a lot of times, I'll agree with that.

But the update really didn't give a ton of indication that, once applied, anybody running Linux would no longer be able to even boot the game. This locks me out of the single player campaign of a game I paid for. One that previously had a "platinum" level compatibility with Proton.

I don't think many or any of us condone online cheating, but they broke the ability to play the game at all for a portion of their paying customers

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - backlash, Software, Eternal