Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From CVG:

"Mobile phone RPG Orcs and Elves could well be unsheathing its fantasy blade on Nintendo's handheld
id Software's John Carmack has indicated that the developer is "hoping" to develop a DS version of Orcs and Elves, its first-person, turn-based fantasy RPG on mobile phone.

Although nothing's definite, in an interview with Wired Carmack spoke of a hope to move over to the Nintendo handheld with title and about "enhancing the cell phone game on there". It "would be our first real direct entry back into the Nintendo world", he said.

He continued, "We've never had a close, good relationship with Nintendo from like way back, when we had some back [bad?] experiences really early on..." - relating to "... Wolfenstein stuff...", apparently.

"...and we were always just kind of peeved at the whole Nickelodeon censor arrangement with Nintendo. So we've kept them at arm's length for many console generations now."

But it appears that relationship could be about to change for the better."

To me this is great news, Orcs and Elves was a fantastic Hexen like game. I also hope that they would bring the awesome Doom RPG to the DS too, obviously with a better graphic upgrade.

Funny that ID moan about having their games uncensored, only Wolfenstein was to my memory censored. Doom SNES had all the gore, as did Doom 64, Quake 1 & 2, and Doom 1 & 2 GBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?