Hacking I'd like to resell my old 3DS (broken), but it has a9lh on it...

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I would like to resell my old 3DS, which is broken, to a GameStop, but it has CFW (Luma 11.3.0 SysNAND) installed on it, and I heard somewhere that it is illegal to resell an a9lh 3DS. Is this true, and if so, how would I remove a9lh to make my system resellable? Gotta save up for that :switch:...

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the legality of it, but since it's broken, how are they even going to know it has CFW? You could load a decrypt 9 payload and restore a pre a9lh nand backup with the remove a9lh option.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about the legality of it, but since it's broken, how are they even going to know it has CFW? You could load a decrypt 9 payload and restore a pre a9lh nand backup with the remove a9lh option.
GameStop refurbishes systems, and if they replace the broken parts and boot it up, they will find a CFW 3DS. I'm not sure I have a pre-a9lh backup (unless NANDmin.bin from 3ds.guide counts) and even if I did, my top screen is busted. I couldn't see Decrypt9 if I tried.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just FYI, the broken parts are one of the hinges, and the top screen. (It still turns on, but shows NO IMAGE AT ALL.) The shoulder buttons aren't NECESSARILY broken, just a little hard to get working and a little fidgety at times.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameStop refurbishes systems, and if they replace the broken parts and boot it up, they will find a CFW 3DS. I'm not sure I have a pre-a9lh backup (unless NANDmin.bin from 3ds.guide counts) and even if I did, my top screen is busted. I couldn't see Decrypt9 if I tried.
I'm 99% sure they won't fix it up in that store. They'll send it somewhere to get it fixed. The FBI isn't gonna come crashing through your door and hand you a life sentence in prison. Also, your broken 3ds isn't going to get you very much money at all. It's broken, and this is gamestop we're talking about. You should really just keep it. If you really wanted to try though, you could restore an old nand backup, disable firm protection for your cfw, and update to the latest version.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I'm 99% sure they won't fix it up in that store. They'll send it somewhere to get it fixed. The FBI isn't gonna come crashing through your door and hand you a life sentence in prison. Also, your broken 3ds isn't going to get you very much money at all. It's broken, and this is gamestop we're talking about. You should really just keep it. If you really wanted to try though, you could restore an old nand backup, disable firm protection for your cfw, and update to the latest version.
Did you see what I said?
even if I did, my top screen is busted. I couldn't see Decrypt9 if I tried.
I'm 100% sure that I won't be able to restore from backup. I'm still worried about the legality of it.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you see what I said?

I'm 100% sure that I won't be able to restore from backup. I'm still worried about the legality of it.
Look at screenshots and navigate it through those? I don't know what you want me to tell you. If you're so concerned about the legality of selling your broken, modded console, don't sell it.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Look at screenshots and navigate it through those? I don't know what you want me to tell you. If you're so concerned about the legality of selling your broken, modded console, don't sell it.
Correct me if I'm I'm wrong, but doesn't a factory reset remove a9lh?

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm I'm wrong, but doesn't a factory reset remove a9lh?
No, it doesn't. Just use a second console and mirror your inputs to navigate through decrypt9. You can even create a nand backup right now, and as long as you use the remove a9lh option, you can get rid of a9lh.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameStop would rip you off even if the 3DS was in perfect condition. I can't imagine they would pay enough for a broken one to make it worthwhile if they even take it at all.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea G$ isent going to give you jack for it .. you are better off selling it to someone here on these forums that can use a hacked system like that for testing use ... even with its damage it would be worth more to a dev than some joe blow G$ lol ... just my humble opinion ... its your system and you may do with it as you please ... just felt i needed to add my 2 cents lol ^.=.^

Last edited by Crimson-Fyre,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse