Hacking I'd like to get your opinions!

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys!

Ok so I have this 3DS XL I've had for a while now, and I was debating on whether or not to sell it and buy a 4.5 and under version, or just stick with it.

Gateway currently costs what $80 plus the cost of microsd cards. I've bought several of the games I wanted to, so I'm not sure its worth the hassle.

Unless of course 6.2 will never get hacked in which case I should probably sell it.

What do you guys think?

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sell it and get a 4.5 xl. I have hope that gateway will someday get 6.2 working but it's better to enjoy the gateway now and for sure be able to use it, than it is to hope for 6.2, find out it can't happen, then not be able to find a 4.5 xl (this is just hypothetical of course, but my point is just get one now instead of waiting )

mystril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yea. The number of 4.5> 3DS are dwindling by the numbers.
The window of opportunity is only that short.
Get a retail 4.5> before it is out of stock.
Unless it's possible to downgrade FW in the future (slim chance)

Gateway 3DS + MicroSD Card vs 2-3 New Games + Club Nintendo Benefits Etc... + Online Event Exclusives

If you have $500 (Price of Xbox One)..
500 = 200 + 300
200 = 3DS XL
300 = 8-9 Games (@ 35USD ea)
You get full 3DS online experience.

Get a 2nd Hand 3DS XL @ 120-160. Save $40-80 (+1-2 Games)
Sell your 3DS Games once you're done. Keep a few gems.

You virtually can't exhaust your game library. $500 is about 1-2 weeks of work? It will give you at least 3-5 years worth of entertainment.

My analysis will be wrong if you are a hardcore gamer. I am a casual player (30-90mins/day)

Verdict
If you can, buy. It's not worth the hassle IMO.

Disclaimer
I bought a GW3DS.

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What do you guys think?
New region-locked games for a full price and online features VS 380+ region-free ROMs for the price of Gateway, offline only
I don't know about you, but I'd absolutely trade 6.2 3DS for a 4.5 one, especially for a brand new one.
You'll be able to sell 4.5+GW at any time OR dual-boot legit and GW firmwares to get the best of the two worlds.
3DS v.4.5 = PS3 v.3.55, and both of them can only go up in price.

elunesgrace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK so i went with everyone's opinion and got myself a blue 3ds XL with 4.4!

What is the max version I can upgrade to?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I say get a 4.5 XL. Given how the exploit Gateway uses and the fact that it's launcher.dat file has been decrypted mean that home-brew is inevitable (for v4.5 firmwares). I would say that alone would be enough to convince me. But would that be enough for you? It all depends on how patient you are and what you want to get out of your 3DS unit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"