ICON Induction Charger

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Rambytes, Dec 21, 2009.

Dec 21, 2009

ICON Induction Charger by Rambytes at 12:00 AM (1,118 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Rambytes

Member Rambytes GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2008
    Hi everyone,

I've recently buy 2 ICON Quick Charger by induction. The charger is great, but the connexion give me some few question in my head. First, check the picture of the product.

Check the power cord... whe need to plug into the Wii Power supply. The problem is I have 2 charger... I have 4 Wiimotes and each charger have only room for 2 Wiimotes. The charger charge very well, approx 4 hours is needed to accomplish a complete charge.

But my question is, does is good for the power supply to have 2 charger plug? To be clear, imagine this:

power supply plug ---> charger plug ---> charger plug ---> Wii

the plug of the power supply goes into the charger plug, this new set of plug go into the second charger plug and all this is goes into the Wii.

Does is "too much" for the power supply or is safe and the power supply will handle this "new" need of power? I dind't see any problem so far at this time... but no problem now don't guarantee problem later.

I hope someone will understand because my english is not very good.

Thanks alot!
  2. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Apr 15, 2009
    Vancouver Island
    It does seem strange that it would use the same power plug as the Wii. The only reason I can see behind this would be to cut down on outlets used. I honestly don't know too much about this, but I personally wouldn't plug two of those in before my Wii.

It seems like a lot of draw on the power supply, especially before the Wii gets involved and asks for any power itself. Just my two cents.

Edit: As a sidenote; Walmart sells an Energizer induction charger for 4 wiimotes for about $30... I don't know what you paid for the two of those, but this may be another option for you, if its not too late to return them.
  3. Parineum

Newcomer Parineum Newbie

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    With a 4 hour charge time I doubt those things are pulling any significant amperage. If I were you, I would drain 3 of the wiimotes and then charge them all at the same time while playing something as intensive as possible from the CD drive with a hard drive plugged in. You won't damage anything physically if the Wii doesn't receive enough power. The worst that could happen is a corrupted save (Don't do a system update...).

If you can play for a while under that scenario then it will be fine.