IBM announces new chips modeled on the human brain!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
UniqueGeek said:
This is the first step toward self-aware autonomous AI that makes its own decisions just like we do.

We're doomed.
singularity? coming so soon? shiiit.

next thing you know, we got robot revolutions (think Matrix). no thanks. anything but self-awareness please.
More like "I Robot". Maybe Eagle Eye.
tongue.gif

As long as chips don't make things like robots takeover or used themin a human body, I say innovate on.
tongue.gif

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Human longed imposed endless goals to pursuit the state of high intellectual artificial intelligence; however, more than once, mankind believed it will lead our race to the brink of destruction. Years later, it became successful with the cognitive computing chip. In the year 2X45, scientist Robert L. Secadoe discovered an outbreak of neuron alternation, also known as telepathy. Armed with this information, Secadoe hoped to flourish the communication between humanoid and android. As the experiment begins, the group of researchers began to enlighten themselves with the wealth of knowledge they absorbed. This group of researchers soon begin working for a "better world". Hope prospers the small world when the industry entrusted these group known as Skynet -- all until the salvation began. Crossing the tracks' cross path, life embarked a journey that shall never end. Agony, anger, greed, ignorance, and the grave of our embraced shadow will flee to the sky unable to escape for it's tether to our eyes. It began.

We must not let it start. We must stop it before it's too late. We are our hope. We are our dream. Our pursuit. Our last and only pursuit. For the world. Our heart. Our family. Our. Life.

- A message in a bottle flowing between the fabric of time and space -- from an unknown Time Traveller

On-Topic: Can't wait until it's made for consumer.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this was originally designed for the DARPA, than we won't see this replacing the bases of today's architecture for 10-20 years.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
it would be lovely if it could teach ppl languages or something that requires some kind of unconscious learning method
i wish computers teach us something rather than just working a new way

we talk about virtual (not on ebay) gaming but how about virtual flight simulator or driving simulator or even something as simple as fishing.

do we need a computer that works like a brain? i doubt it with the requirements we have but it can prove useful

EDIT: its amazing that us humans work by imitation and that what we see around us is an example of excellent non-copied design

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
ferofax said:
UniqueGeek said:
This is the first step toward self-aware autonomous AI that makes its own decisions just like we do.

We're doomed.
singularity? coming so soon? shiiit.

next thing you know, we got robot revolutions (think Matrix). no thanks. anything but self-awareness please.
More like Skynet.

damn you stole my joke! anyway this really does sound like skynet. ibm is the end of the world.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Once this flops which I hope not, Next they'll be removing brains from for example geniuses that know too much and turn them into microprocessors and computers of every scale, if you get the reference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.