Hacking I would like to prep my Wii to play a legal NSMBW...

BaconXBits

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't particularly want to update to 4.2 in fear of ruining HBC and BootMii, so I would prefer to install the following (if they exist, in order of importance):
-Whatever NSMBW requires in order to run from the disc channel (an IOS?)
-Something that prevents Nintendo from sending me updates (as a safety precaution against oblivious family members who could potentially update/ruin my Wii)
-The latest Shop Channel (another safety precaution)

Here are my Wii specs:
-Softmodded
-4.0U
-Preloader+BootMii installed, NAND backup made (through BootMii)
-cIOS38 rev 14
-NeoGamma R6

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just pop the disc in, update, and play.

it'll update you to 4.1+. essentially the best update there is.

it will install boot2v4, but you can just install bootmii again.

and if you haven't installed the latest hackmii package, you'll have an old slightly bugged version of bootmii you'd want to update anyway. and you'll get the new hbc that won't get taken out by 4.2 if you ever go 4.2

BaconXBits

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:

...Oh. I thought it would update me to 4.2.

Well, how about something that'll keep Nintendo from sending me updates? And would 4.1 give me the latest shop/etc channels so that I can use them freely without having 4.2?

I see you quickly edited your post...

QUOTE(ziddey @ Dec 6 2009, 08:47 PM) and if you haven't installed the latest hackmii package, you'll have an old slightly bugged version of bootmii you'd want to update anyway. and you'll get the new hbc that won't get taken out by 4.2 if you ever go 4.2
Pardon me for being dumb, but I've barely even heard of HackMii. All I understand is that it uses the Bannerbomb exploit or some mumbo jumbo that is used to install HBC...I installed BootMii directly from a HBC update, would I be fine updating to 4.1 with how I did it?

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
BaconXBits said:
ziddey said:

...Oh. I thought it would update me to 4.2.

Well, how about something that'll keep Nintendo from sending me updates? And would 4.1 give me the latest shop/etc channels so that I can use them freely without having 4.2?

I see you quickly edited your post...

QUOTE(ziddey @ Dec 6 2009, 08:47 PM) and if you haven't installed the latest hackmii package, you'll have an old slightly bugged version of bootmii you'd want to update anyway. and you'll get the new hbc that won't get taken out by 4.2 if you ever go 4.2
Pardon me for being dumb, but I've barely even heard of HackMii. All I understand is that it uses the Bannerbomb exploit or some mumbo jumbo that is used to install HBC...I installed BootMii directly from a HBC update, would I be fine updating to 4.1 with how I did it?

"HackMii Package" is HBC, DVDx and BootMii. All-In-One installer.

BaconXBits

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
"HackMii Package" is HBC, DVDx and BootMii. All-In-One installer.
Ah, so am I supposed to install that NOT through HBC (after 4.1)? Because I installed all of those fun things a few hours ago when HBC wanted to do an auto-update.

BaconXBits

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
you ran the hackmii installer.
Indeed I did, but how would I go about running it if need be without the HBC update voluntarily doing it for me? I'm under the assumption that 4.1 might remove BootMii, please correct me if I'm wrong.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiso are merely full of pirates who have no clue about homebrew.
and no, bootmii is only removed by an official 4.2 update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1