Homebrew I would like to know if the switch homebrew works on 3.0.1 firmware.

Jordanlg26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running the 3.0.1 firmware on my switch. And I would like to know if the Homebrew launcher will run on it. Is that possible do you know? Because if I can't run it, is there a way to downgrade the firmware somehow? I know that I should not have updated to 3.0.1, but it was my mistake. Is it possible to decrypt the firmware and find out how to downgrade back to 3.0.0? Just let me know if that is possible. Because I really want to try out this Homebrew launcher when it comes out. Also, I just wanted to know if the Plutoo hacker kid is finding the exploits for the 4.0.1 firmware. Just let me know if he is finding the exploits for that firmware. Well anyway, so just get back to me asap on this, and let me know if there is a way to run the homebrew on 3.0.1, or if not downgrade. So thank you very much!

Jordanlg26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is no way to downgrade? Am I screwed? Im sure that there is a way to get the homebrew to work somehow. This is what I have been waiting for!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is no way to downgrade? Am I screwed? Im sure that there is a way to get the homebrew to work somehow. This is what I have been waiting for!
Not currently without 3.0.0 or lower. Anything higher is currently sol, and it will likely stay that way for a long while.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Your only options if you want homebrew are to buy a new Switch and keep it on 3.0.0 or wait (most likely) a really long time until later firmwares can be exploited. On the bright side, it'll take a long time for a decent lineup of homebrew to be developed anyways and anything homebrew can do early-on, a smartphone can likely do much, much better. You probably won't miss out on anything for a good long while. Also, piracy is off the table for now, as is playing games that requires firmware higher than 3.0.0 if you decide to stay on 3.0.0 for homebrew.

Last edited by HaloEliteLegend,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only options if you want homebrew are to buy a new Switch and keep it on 3.0.0 or wait (most likely) a really long time until later firmwares can be exploited. On the bright side, it'll take a long time for a decent lineup of homebrew to be developed anyways and anything homebrew can do early-on, a smartphone can likely do much, much better. You probably won't miss out on anything for a good long while. Also, piracy is off the table for now, as is playing games that requires firmware higher than 3.0.0 if you decide to stay on 3.0.0 for homebrew.
1.0.0 will have very likely have emuNAND and piracy due to untrustzone exploit.

Reactions: Lacius

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update and enjoy the latest switch games~ :yayswitch:
That's what I did. Seemshow only 1.0.0 is currently known to have a vulnerability that can be used to launch newer games, most people with homebrew will have only 3.0.0 games to play. And the main thing I hear people say to stay for homebrew is emulators and romhacks. But I already have a million devices for emulators and the romhacks are limited to the small list of compatible 3.0.0 games. It will likely be a long while before playing newer games become possible on 3.0.0 because doing so will likely open the flood gates to piracy, which the devs are trying to avoid. The only dev that seems interested right now in doing it is SciresM to be able to hack pokemon when the time comes.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: Ace001

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I did. Seemshow only 1.0.0 is currently known to have a vulnerability that can be used to launch newer games, most people with homebrew will have only 3.0.0 games to play. And the main thing I hear people say to stay for homebrew is emulators and romhacks. But I already have a million devices for emulators and the romhacks are limited to the small list of compatible 3.0.0 games. It will likely be a long while before playing newer games become possible on 3.0.0 because don't so will likely open the flood gates to piracy, which the devs are trying to avoid. The only dev that seems interested right now in doing it is SciresM to be able to hack pokemon when the time comes.

Hmm, that last point, is actually a very good point, that explains why progress on newer firmware will be slow and steady, piracy prevention seems to be a goal. Maybe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1