Game Name
ASH Archaic Sealed Heat

release date
Oct 4th, 2007

Screen shot

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer...492&popup=1
http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3144965&sec=IMAGES

Game Info

"I want the staff to do their best until they really turn into ashes," said Mistwalker's Hironobu Sakaguchi to Famitsu in Japan recently. The magazine caught up with him to talk about what's new with Mistwalker's DS strategy RPG Archaic Sealed Heat (ASH).
According to Famitsu, the game is a different mix of strategy and role-playing than players usually see. Characters share action points, opening up a variety of options like rushing all at once with one character or moving all three in your party a bit at a time. The controls are menu-based and stylus centric: to move your characters, you draw a path along the grid. For visuals, the developers promise "spectacular" FMV based animation. But all that data has to go somewhere, so ASH will be the first DS game on a two-gigabit cart.

The main character, Aisya, is the Princess of Millinear, but during the ceremony of her inheritance of the throne, her coming of age day, a flaming snake appears in the sky and burns everything up. Next thing she knows, all that's left is charred remains, but out of the ashes rise soldiers willing to help her get to the bottom of things. "Why did the flame snake make everything ashes?" asked Sakaguchi in Famitsu. "And then why are the people resurrected as ash warriors? This becomes the big puzzle and the story advances from there... It has a totally different taste from something like Blue Dragon."

She's not the only human left, but sadly her caretaker -- and the regent of Millinear -- Bullnequ (that's not a typo) was burnt and accompanies you as an ash warrior. Each character has special moves according to their occupation: white and black magicians, "itemers," and "stealers," among others. Seems like your pretty standard mix, but Mistwalker hasn't introduced all of the occupations yet, so maybe there's still something fancy stuck up its sleeves.

The most interesting part of the game so far seems to be the "Engage" system of character growth. Aisya can absorb the abilities of ash warriors, but unfortunately doing so terminates the ashes. The details aren't hammered out yet, but it appears players will have a choice of whether to sacrifice their lovingly trained soldiers or not. It would be neat if this had something to do with the plot or had some effect on the gameplay rather than just what powers your party leader gets

what I am offering
well I can test the game, offer donations I hope somone will pick this up

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of this game O_O.

It looks good nevertheless.

Hope someone will pick this up.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its getting an official release this year anyway.

topic moved to appropriate area.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I think this topic should be closed, there's the official translation requests topic. Also Toni said this:
Toni Plutonij said:
This topic will be official place for requesting translations, all new threads will be closed so this section could be kept clean and actual projects aren't pushed to the second page by requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.