I would like to announce...

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That I can't get the top of my fountain pen off to replace the empty cartridge. On the surface it may not seem like something worth announcing, however it does actually signify the end of any future I could have had.

You see I've had this pen since I was 10 (I'm 19 now!) and taking my Grammar school entrance exams. It's a parker you see, they last a long time. This pen has helped me get academic success without me putting in much work/revision... its seen me to university. There's not a single exam I've passed that I have wrote without it. I'm superstitious and naturally believe my success is to do with the pen. The only exam I have failed was A Level maths... which I wrote in pencil.

Now I'm like 2 hours and three minutes from a university exam that I've hardly gone to any lectures for. The pen is broken. I'm going to end up failing university, and either working at tesco or game for the rest of my life. That is all.

Of course, I should have worked hard for university but still, I was planning to start working hard in second year.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you sit and think about the pen during your exam it will put you off.. just stand on dog shit and it will balance out the bad luck with some good luck
biggrin.gif
well hope everything goes well with your exam good luck
happy.gif

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got back from my exam! My friend fixed the pen =D He's so wonderful, seems like there was a slight ink leak that was jamming it shut =(

I think the exam went great, really easy questions exactly on the topics I'd revised! The questions would have been different if my pen wasn't fixed
wink.gif
:-p

Writing in biro just isn't the same as fountain pen, I find it feels nasty and just doesn't "flow".

Cheers everyone though
happy.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Burn the pen. Rely on your brain. I know superstitions are hard to shake, but try to take a stand against them.

That said, as un-superstitious as I generally am, I've always put my right shoe on first, for the last 30 years or so.

So I won't get a headache of course! >_<

(I allow myself that one.)

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've mangaged to shake the superstition of manholes, where even numbers were meant to be good luck and odd numbers bad luck. My sister got me into that when we were tiny and she still does it
ohmy.gif
The pen will not go though, mainly because it's just nice to write with =)

Gave the Doggy mess a miss but I did cycle through some sludge, does that count =)

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah data structures, what fun...

Little: Try running the pen under warm water if it happens again, might help loosen the jammed ink.

I can't write in fountain pen to save my life, I had a reputation among teachers for having crap handwriting until I switched to biro in yr 10, you'd be amazed by the difference it made. Might be because I press too hard, making the fountain pen scratch the paper too much. I even snapped a nib once.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow someone who has a Parker that isn't broken?! The barrels on mine always cracked and broke... I went through loads!

I did all my essays and most of my notes with my Parkers but for my actual exams I wrote in biro... I couldn't physically write fast enough with a fountain pen! With a biro you don't have a care in the world and you can just scribble away like a kid again! I was writing 8-10 pages for an hour or hour and a half exam!

smile.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh, us Americans don't really use fountain pens, I'd never actually used one until yesterday when my uncle brought me one back from France. We use pencils almost all of the time in school, and ballpoints are a lot easier to write with if you need to use pen anyway.

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
I had to look up what biro meant. It's what I thought, just never heard that term before.

My grandfather gave me a nice Sheaffer fountain pen from his college days. Never really thought about using it. This post has piqued my interest.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've mangaged to shake the superstition of manholes, where even numbers were meant to be good luck and odd numbers bad luck. My sister got me into that when we were tiny and she still does it
ohmy.gif
The pen will not go though, mainly because it's just nice to write with =)

Gave the Doggy mess a miss but I did cycle through some sludge, does that count =)

Sounds like your sister might have Obsessive-compulsive disorder which also runs in families.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_disorder

a friend did the whole even and odd number thing, got tested and ended up having it.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm left handed
cry.gif

Yeah, at the end of long in-class essays and stuff, I always had pencil and/or pen rubbed all over the bottom of my left hand. I'll stick with typing thank you very much.

Its said that left-handers have an advantage over rightys when it comes to the standard keyboard layout [1]
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back