I wonder if this counts >.> "Kirby Ultra" problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GCM, Oct 22, 2008.

Oct 22, 2008
  1. GCM
    OP

Newcomer GCM Member

Canada
    Admittedly I know it's not the rom. I've encountered the problem before. It tells me there's an error and that I must turn the power off and reinsert the game card to play.

Now for the record I use an M3 Simply.

This used to happen before whenever I got new games because of something lacking an update. I used to just let my friend borrow my micro SD and he'd update everything and hand it back the next day but he's moved so now I need to know how to do it myself as Kirby Ultra doesn't work (along with other new games).

From googling and skimming random forums I picked up a few things. I think it might be the moonshell (moonshl?) that needs to be updated, I updated mine to "moonshell_1.6final" but even after that the Kirby game won't work. I noticed there's another file called _system_, that could have something to do with it?

Ack. Anyways I'm sure at least one of you members on here should have encountered and overcome said situation so I'd appreciate your help now.

(also a note to the moderators, my apologies if this is in the wrong section but I couldn't find a general "help" section and this was as close as I could get. Feel free to move the topic to the correct location, of course.)

2. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Woah your definately new to this stuff.
    the _system_ is the main firmware file. The _DS_MENU.dat is the main boot thing. the _DS_MSHL.nds is the multimedia slot and the moonshell folder is the multimedia files. you need to update the _system_ and the _DS_MSHL.dat to the new version. im using R4 but M3 Simply and R4DS are basically the same thing. if problems persist after the update, you need to probebly fix the arm7. i cant really help you with that but another user on this site started a topic to help users like you and me fix the arm7. i hope this helps you... if you can understand it.

3. GCM
    OP

Newcomer GCM Member

Canada
    I understood it fine!

d([​IMG]d)

Glad to hear the R4 pretty much = M3.

I was looking for M3 stuff and kept finding R4 sites and was getting irked.

I don't think it's the arm7 (let's hope not, shall we?) So it's most likely the _system_ and the _DS_MSHL.dat like you said.

So... Link to where I can download those please? [​IMG]?

4. 8BitWalugi

Australia
    Ah. considering the firmwares are the same, just go into the R4 section of the downloads and download firmware v 1.18. 1.19 is YS menu.

5. GCM
    OP

Newcomer GCM Member

Canada
    I hate to be a bother but can I just get a direct link posted please? I don't want to download the wrong thing etc., etc.,

I'm a bit paranoid and overprotective when it comes to my DS so I choose not to trust myself in navigating this unknown (to me) site looking for a specific download.

>_>

6. 8BitWalugi

Australia
  7. GCM
    OP

Newcomer GCM Member

Canada
    EUREKA!~

It worked!

*bows down*

Thank you very very much good sir. I owe you one big time.

*gives you my card*

8. 8BitWalugi

Australia
    heh, thanks. just remember, you need to update your firmware regularly

9. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Now that youve found the place, I reccomend you stay! Lots of great people here, almost always good for a read if you ignore some of the stupider posts. Stay and chat for a few weeks and youll be an expert before you know it. =)

10. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    You can check out my guide for arm7 patching if you need to patch a game..

Its in my sig

Posts merged

And welcome.. If you need any help, just PM me

11. GCM
    OP

Newcomer GCM Member

Canada
    @Emperor: I am going to stay, but only because 8bit helped me fix my problem.