I wonder if Nintendo would be able to detect...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DevilHands, Nov 4, 2007.

1. DevilHands
    OP

Newcomer DevilHands Member

United States
    For users who are playing Super Mario Galaxy way ahead before release and have a hint that they are using modded Wiis... because of that they are able to know which Wii's to have their online capabilities disabled.

I've been thinking about this for sometime... but drat! I can't resist to look at what SMG looks like and had already pop up the game yesterday, but I am kinda regreting it now though... thinking I should have waited. [​IMG]

2. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Uhhh just turn off WiiConnect24 dude... How will they know you even exist?

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I don't think Nintendo will be able to monitor whether your Disc Drive has been tampered with.
    Maybe in a future firmware update, they may be able to.
    You may want to disable the automatic update in your system.

If this ever did happen, I'm sure the modchip team of whatever chip your using, will make a firmware update so that Nintendo couldn't detect it (it's happened before with the XBox 360).

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Why don't you just prevent internet access to the Wii for now then if you are so paranoid [​IMG]

5. DevilHands
    OP

Newcomer DevilHands Member

United States
    I am not really worried about Nintendo being able to disable the function of the Wii, what I am worried most about is the part about being able to play online again which is what Microsoft did to Xbox360.

Every time a game is played there's always like a history of what you have played and amount of time for that particular day on the message icon. I am kinda guessing that if I connect online, they are able to check that I played SMG too early.

6. fldash

Newcomer fldash Advanced Member

Just one more reason to make sure WiiConnect 24 stays off.

7. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    wii online play is far less sophisticated anyway and it's free, so they prbably won't bother with banning ppl if they even can.. The xbox360 has new firmware which they detected, the wii only has a drivechip..
    Don't worry so much, so far online play sucks ;p
    AFAIK galaxy has NO online capability anyway. on the xbox you only get banned by going online with a copied game, not just by solo play

8. MrKuenning

Member MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My wiiconnect24 doesnt seem to work anyway... At least the news channel never downloads anything...

9. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I also have the Wiiconnect24 turned off. I don't worry about it, I don't see how they could see/do anything. If you choose to play pirated games you also have to accept that there's certain risks involved. What the risks are we don't know and we can only speculate. But it certainly helps A LOT if you keep your beady eye on this and other forums. Here you can read all the ins and outs concerning new protection schemes, problems, hacks, etc.

"Don't worry, enjoy the games and keep yourself informed" has to be my conclusion...

10. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    I am going to leave WC24 on when I get my wiikey, because all major up dates require your approval.

11. whaler

Newcomer whaler Newbie

United States
    WOW I think we can move on now.......if you frequent any forums at all you will hear the sobs of bricked wii users with plenty of time.

12. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    if nintendo could disable your wii cuase you have a modchip i think they would have already

take a look at the xbox360's tons of modded xbox360's are banned and or had there accounts wiped

13. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    wc24 can apparently break your wii (even non-modded) from overheating so if you don't use it, turn it off

14. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Online on the wii is pretty weak, it wouldn't bother me any if they disabled it. Its not like I would miss it. The xbox 360 though is built around xbox live, so if you get banned from that its time for another xbox 360.

15. webjedi

Member webjedi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Haven't heard of this one...

Hope that's not true, my WiiConnect 24 on for the last 11 months. [​IMG]

16. ozzyzak

Member ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    At the least it seems possible. I know that when I left mine on, the console would be rather warm even when powered off. It seems like it wouldn't get like that but apparently keeping an internet connection makes it warm?

17. fldash

Newcomer fldash Advanced Member

The main reason to leave WiiConnect 24 off is so you don't have to get a new Wii. My first one over-heated due to WC24 and I had to get a new one from Nintendo. Luckily, I hadn't modded that one. Once I modded this one, I vowed to leave WC24 off....