Homebrew I went through the entire process of getting CFW but messed up, and now FBI is gone.

draketsuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much set up my entire CFW, but I accidentally updated to 11.3.

Health and Safety is now stock instead of FBI, so I can't install CIAs like the freeShop and I also can't boot with Hourglass 9 (by holding Start while booting). Is there anyway I can install CIAs now that I've updated or am I out of luck?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you updated in Gateway mode, you've lost a9lh (which it sounds like you have since you can't boot into Hourglass9) and you're SOL for awhile. If you haven't used Gateway at all, then this is strange.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: :ninja:

What exactly is "my entire CFW"?

You followed a9lh?

Have you tried the latest nightly of Luma to launch hourglass9 via the menu (hold start when booting on latest luma)

That's not what Gateway is/does and since you updated in Gateway mode, you're out of luck.
What are you smoking? This person obviously has no clue what a Gateway is, so there is a ZERO % chance it was updated in Gateway mode.

@draketsuka if you are SURE you are booting into LUMA, then you should have kernel access at startup. Try using soundhax to launch the homebrew launcher and see if FBI.3dsx will install FBI.cia. If that doesn't work, then you are SOL until a new kernel exploit comes out for 11.3. Unless you have a full (not mini) nand backup from your a9lh journey, and you don't mind soldering up a hard-mod.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: draketsuka

draketsuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me start from the beginning... I'm a newbie...

*Note, I don't know what Gateway is

So, I followed the entire guide located on 3ds.guide/get-started or whatever it is. As I got to the end, I went into System Settings -> System Update and updated my console to 11.3.0.35U (I think). After that, I tried to download the freeShop.cia but I noticed that Health and Safety was back to normal and was no longer the FBI icon. I tried to reboot, and I also tried to boot in Hourglass9, but that didn't work either. However, I can still boot in Luma.

I am no longer able to boot using Hourglass9 or access FBI.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, I followed the entire guide located on 3ds.guide/get-started or whatever it is. As I got to the end, I went into System Settings -> System Update and updated my console to 11.3.0.35U (I think). After that, I tried to download the freeShop.cia but I noticed that Health and Safety was back to normal and was no longer the FBI icon. I tried to reboot, and I also tried to boot in Hourglass9, but that didn't work either. However, I can still boot in Luma.

What happens when you boot into the Health and Safety app? Give a screenshot of your luma/payloads folder.

Reactions: proflayton123

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

Re-download hourglass9 and change the payload to load with to say, Up_Hg9 or however it is spelt. After you've done that, you need to re-inject FBI from where the guidebook says

draketsuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when you boot into the Health and Safety app? Give a screenshot of your luma/payloads folder.
When I launch Health and Safety, it takes me to the normal Health and Safety warnings.

luma/payloads
fc8550ecfb17fb9e22067ba1862fd98d.png

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I launch Health and Safety, it takes me to the normal Health and Safety warnings.

luma/payloads
fc8550ecfb17fb9e22067ba1862fd98d.png
Well, a system update with a9lh should not have rendered FBI-injected-Health&Safety app to update back to stock (at least, I don't think so) and it definitely shouldn't have rendered Hourglass9 unusable. Do you have another SD card? You can just copy and paste the files onto the new card, but also do what proflayton123 said to do and redownload Hourglass9 and then re-follow the steps to inject FBI again.

draketsuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, a system update with a9lh should not have rendered FBI-injected-Health&Safety app to update back to stock (at least, I don't think so) and it definitely shouldn't have rendered Hourglass9 unusable. Do you have another SD card? You can just copy and paste the files onto the new card, but also do what proflayton123 said to do and redownload Hourglass9 and then re-follow the steps to inject FBI again.
I don't have another SD card at the moment.

I'll try that out and give you all an update in a few minutes.

Reactions: proflayton123

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I don't have another SD card at the moment.

I'll try that out and give you all an update in a few minutes.
Backup the full contents of the sd card to a safe place, format it to FAT32, check it isn't corrupted. Then copy the files back, change start_Hourglass9 to Up_Hourglass9 and see if it makes a difference, if it does, follow the FBI injection i said

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup the full contents of the sd card to a safe place, format it to FAT32, check it isn't corrupted. Then copy the files back, change start_Hourglass9 to Up_Hourglass9 and see if it makes a difference, if it does, follow the FBI injection i said
It should be up_Hourglass9 instead of Up_Hourglass9.

draketsuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update!

So I re-added all of the files located here
544abb4c3c01e37b869b3dae1dbd648b.png

Hourglass 9 is now functional again! Should I continue with the steps you just gave me, or should we try something else?

*Note: Health and Safety is still 'stock'. I still can't get into FBI.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update!

So I re-added all of the files located here
544abb4c3c01e37b869b3dae1dbd648b.png

Hourglass 9 is now functional again! Should I continue with the steps you just gave me, or should we try something else?

*Note: Health and Safety is still 'stock'. I still can't get into FBI.
Follow the steps later on in the guide to reinject FBI now that you can access Hourglass9.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol