iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't because the controller's are too expensive. Kitting out a wii with 3xControllers+Nunchucks = 3 x £30+15 = £135 just for controllers. A bit of a joke really isn't it? Also I can't find anywhere which sells one with vouchers/discounts... can anyone recommend any UK sites?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could get wiiplay. I only got an additional wiimote with wiiplay. Can't see the point of buying Nunchucks when not many 2 player games use them.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
expensive? yeah
a joke? sadly, no

realistically, the controllers are fairly advanced pieces of technology.. so a higher price is expected at the moment
and just take solace in the fact there aren't many great multi player games on the wii yet, you can easily get by for a while with just one remote and nunchuck

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
expensive? yeah
a joke? sadly, no

realistically, the controllers are fairly advanced pieces of technology.. so a higher price is expected at the moment
and just take solace in the fact there aren't many great multi player games on the wii yet, you can easily get by for a while with just one remote and nunchuck

Especially since I bet he's not going to be spending much money on games.
wink.gif

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Make your friends buy their own controllers.

thats it. I only bought one extra wiimote (with wiiplay) and the nunchuck (20€) for my girl friend. A friend of mine has a wii without any extra controllers, so he can bring his one and we can play with 3 people. If someone wants to join, he has to get a wii, or at least a controller
wink.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make your friends buy their own controllers.

Yeah, one of my housemates said he'll chip in for one. But that still only leaves 2 controllers + nunchucks.. Do I really need 2 more to make 4? I'm gonna get the Wii for comedy drunken timess, rather than serious solo gameplay (zelda being the exception) but if there aren't many 4 player games....

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you really dont need many controllers right now. I mean maybe one extra and an extra nunchuck, but thats it. One of the best multiplayer games out so far can be played with only one remote anyway (WarioWare)

EDIT: Plus if you wait a REALLY long time, eventually you'll probably be able to buy them in different colors
biggrin.gif

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah that hockey game is the awesome when you're intoxicated!!! ive always traditionally bought controllers for my friends, but i think after the wii they're on their own, they wanna play they gotta buy!!!

cabby3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the best game on Wiiplay is the Tank game..everyone thats played it so far has been hooked.

Kinda pointless now but I have 4 wiimotes and 4 nunchuks already.
I wonder if Mario Party even uses the nunchuk...

I wish the BigN would stop delaying games...

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to get my Wii this weekend and i was wondering if I should get an extra controler for my brother. I plan on getting Zelda and Paper Mario for now. Does Zelda or Paper Mario have 2 player and if so, will it used the nunchuck?

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to get my Wii this weekend and i was wondering if I should get an extra controler for my brother. I plan on getting Zelda and Paper Mario for now. Does Zelda or Paper Mario have 2 player and if so, will it used the nunchuck?
Get an extra controller for sure so you can play 2 player Wii sports. 2-4 player tennis is great fun. Pick up an extra nunchuck if you wanna do 2 player boxing. The nunchuck is not used by many multiplayer games thus far but having a second on hand should prove useful down the road.

Zelda and Super Paper Mario are 1 player games and only Zelda uses the nunchuck.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Get an extra controller for sure so you can play 2 player Wii sports. 2-4 player tennis is great fun. Pick up an extra nunchuck if you wanna do 2 player boxing. The nunchuck is not used by many multiplayer games thus far but having a second on hand should prove useful down the road.

Zelda and Super Paper Mario are 1 player games and only Zelda uses the nunchuck.

Ok thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs