I want to update my Wii to 3.2, but how?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by oxMUDxo, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009
  1. oxMUDxo
    OP

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sorry if this has already been posted..

I have my Wii soft modded and it at 3.1 FW some Channels aren't working so I would like to update it to 3.2 scence its the best for Mods.

I think I'll rent a game with the 3.2 update on it, it would easy to update it that way. RIGHT?
    I just need to know what games have the 3.2 update on them..

One more question, will my Home Brew Channel, NGC Loader and Back Up Channel still work or will I need to reinstall them?

THANKS A TON.

---EDIT---

Another question..
    Whats a good program to remove updates from a Wii ISO so I never update past 3.2 when I get it?

THANKS AGAIN>:)

2. smash_brew

Member smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

United States
    I think Mario Kart has the 3.2 update. I think there's a wiki page with the updat info around here somewhere. You can use brickblocker to remove the updates from iso's or you can install preloader and block updates that way. All your homebrew stuff should be fine, but if you have preloader already installed you'll have to reinstall it.

3. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    If you have a modchip, use the pc app WUM (Wii Update Manager) and change the update partition to 3.2X (X being your region). Then, pop it in and update through the Disc Channel.

---------------

If you don't, simply use NUSD and download IOS30 sumthin and System Menu v2XX (289 is US, 287 is Japan, 290 is PAL), don't forget the options pack -> WAD.

Then install the WADs with WAD Manager.

----------------

Or, easier method, use cIOS Downgrader to install 3.2.

-----------------

Better method, use Waninkoko's Upgrader to get you to 4.0 (The new 3.2).

4. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Once again, there is no game with 3.2. Mario Kart has 3.1, but contains the IOSes found in 3.2. (except IOS37) The only way to get the System Menu 3.2 WAD is to pack it yourself with NUS Downloader or rip it from bushing's semi-brick fix disc.

Updating to 3.2 will NOT touch the Homebrew Channel and the rest of your homebrew. One of the best ways is to use AnyRegion Changer.

5. oxMUDxo
    OP

United States
    WOW, Thanks Guys..

Can some one give me a easy to use tut on how to update my Wii to 3.2..

Whats Waninkoko's Upgrader 4.0 (The new 3.2)? is it a Coustom Firm Ware..?

THANKS!!

6. Dialexio

United States
    Waninkoko's Firmware Upgrader 4.0 updates the System Menu, your channels, and certain IOSes. It will not touch any IOS you already have, such as IOS30. This preserves the fakesigning bug. Using this updater will not give you a custom IOS or System Menu.

It is highly recommended for you to use AnyRegion Changer to go to 3.2. Just make sure you don't scramble the regions up!

7. oxMUDxo
    OP

United States
    Thanks Dialexio,

I'll try AnyRegion Changer can you give me a link to it and a tutriol on how to use it?

8. Dialexio

United States
    Sure. Just go all the way down to where it says "System Menu 3.2 Installer." MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THE CORRECT SYSTEM MENU FOR YOUR REGION. Select "Install System Menu 3.2," then "Yes."

If you accidentally toggle something, a very unsubtle message in red will appear. Just hit "Revert Settings" should this occur.

9. oxMUDxo
    OP

United States
    Cool sounds so easy.[​IMG]

OK so I just put "AnyRegion_Changer_1.1b_mod05a.dol" in the APPS on the Root of the SD Card..?

Ei. SD Root/APPS/AnyRegion_Changer_1.1b_mod05a.dol and thats all?

10. Dialexio

United States
    One more folder and a rename. Rename the DOL to "boot.dol" and then put it in any folder inside /apps. It should look something like this: ROOT/apps/AnyRegion Changer/boot.dol