I want to translate ModMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by The_Reaper_CooL, Sep 21, 2011.

Sep 21, 2011
  1. The_Reaper_CooL
    OP

Newcomer The_Reaper_CooL Member

Hungary
    Hey there guys!

I want to translate ModMii into Hungarian language. I know how to modify the files and such, I only have one MAJOR problem: Unicode characters. They simply don't work! I want to write things like éá??úöüóíÉÁ??ÚÖÜÓÍ, and none of them seem to work.

If someone can help me with this I would be happy (and the rest of the Hungarian community would be, too [​IMG])

And if anyone have some programs to translate this, it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    I'm surprised you never approached me about this! I'm a little busy right now, but in a little bit I'll send u instructions on translating ModMii, if u don't hear back from me in a day or two send me a PM reminder

3. XFlak

Canada
    oops, double post

4. nunavat2010

Member nunavat2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am an outsider for this but have you considered google translator and then fixing errors in it.

Én vagyok egy kívülálló számára ez, de ha figyelembe google fordító, majd a hibák kijavítása benne.

5. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    OP is concerning Unicode characters not properly displaying. It is not about the inability to translate from English to Hungarian.

6. XFlak

Canada
    I'll still send u a PM with more info later, but here's a quick example of getting unicode characters work

instead of using the "echo" command u need to use "sfk echo -spat" (or since sfk.exe is saved in ModMii's support folder, it will actually be "support\sfk echo -spat")

then to add a special character type \x##; where ## is the hex number for the character u want to use. So for example \x20 is a space
    "sfk echo -spat \x20"

Note that when using sfk echo -spat, 10 spaces in a row are treated as one space, so you will need to use \x20 repeatedly in order to space things out to your liking. If you do a search in ModMii's source for "sfk echo -spat" you will find plenty of examples

Oh yea, to figure out the hex number for the character you're trying to use, the simplest way is to open up a hex editor and create a new file, then on right side type the character you want to use, and on the left side the hex characters will show up

7. nunavat2010

Member nunavat2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  8. The_Reaper_CooL
    OP

Hungary
    Okay, thanks for the answers.

BTW sorry if I didn't asked about this XFlak, this idea came very suddenly, and thought I'd start as soon as I could get. I hope it's okay with you.

And yeah, my problem was that I couldn't use Unicode (UTF-8) characters, as I translated many games from English to Hungarian language [​IMG]

Will report back on my progress

EDIT:
    It's still not working as intended, but I hope I'll get some help with that [​IMG]

9. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    XFlak still needs to let me convert this to english.

Better yet, let's get a homie in here to make an ebonics version. [​IMG] I can see a lot of fun out of that version. [​IMG] [​IMG]

"Step 5: Make a nand backup or I will cap yo ass biatch"

10. XFlak

Canada
    no worries, the more translations of ModMii the merrier, but in order for updates and things of that nature to work you'll need my help, if for no other reason than I'm the only one able to upload to the ModMii google code page. So be sure to send it to me when you're finished so I can add the final touches (also be sure to add your name to the translators in ModMii's credits)

I still haven't gotten around to sending u that PM, but since it sounds like u are working away as we speak I at least wanted to mention this to you right away...

To make your life easier, download winmerge (google it, it's free) then compare ModMii v4.7.1 english with ModMii v4.7.1 Italian, it will highlight all the areas that should be translated. Then, when you're finished with that, use winmerge to compare ModMii v4.7.1 and v4.7.2, and apply the same changes while translating where necessary.

11. XFlak

Canada
    LMAO!

"On the letterbomb webpage enter your Wii's Mac Daddy Address and..."

12. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I will get Chelsea to help with the WiiBonics edition. [​IMG] LMFWHAO!!!!

13. XFlak

Canada
    lol, she might actually earn the "giantpune" team your mom t-shirt she wanted so badly... although I can think of more interesting ways she could earn that [​IMG]

14. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    LMFWHAO!!! That is awesome. Well, she knows nagger speech more than I do. Just put her in the "Legs wide open" part of the credits [​IMG]

Just dont leave a donation link because it will require sperm. LOL.

15. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    That kinda reminds me of a news post back when I was reading a Dutch wii forum. Someone had made the "effort" to post a google translated news report of an (at that time) new program:

POOIER MIJN WII

Yeah...it was basically the announcement of 'pimp my wii', but...suffice to say that ghetto slang doesn't translate to Dutch. In other words: it was so wrong it became hilariously funny. [​IMG]

(if I wasn't such a middle class white boy, I could have lots of fun with that English modmii as well... "You needin' priiloader on that emu-nand, dawg?" [​IMG] )

16. The_Reaper_CooL
    OP

Hungary
    Question: If I just translate the text in the required places, is it enough? Unicode characters won't show up as intended, because I can't get it to work.

Also I'm using Notepad++ to compare stuff

17. XFlak

Canada
    I'm not gonna spend time fixing the translation of a language I don't even speak... I did that with the French version for awhile and it was a pain in the ass

here's an example, to make "é" this show up in Modmii change
    Code:
    echo this won't work in a batch file é
    to
    Code:
    support\sfk echo -spat this will work in a batch file \xe9
    edit: I forwarded u a PM with translation instructions. I'm about to reformat my PC so I prolly won't be online much tonight, but if u have Qs feel free to ask me and I will get back to asap

18. The_Reaper_CooL
    OP

Hungary
    Thought so, and I understand, I was just asking.

BTW this may sound stupid, but I just realised that this has like 25.000 lines that need to be translated, lol [​IMG]

Also I have one question:

If there's a line like:

echo ModMii.exe W CurrentFirm Region DesiredFirm RegionChanged2 Extras Options

Can I translate it to:

echo ModMii.exe W JelenlegiFirmware Régió KívántFirmware VáltozottRégió2 Extrák Beállítások

Or should I leave those as it is? I guess I can translate these because these are all in echo (and there's no echo set something to %something% in here, which I won't translate I presume)

19. XFlak

Canada
    yes, because it's an echo command u can change that.

I highly HIGHLY recommend you use winmerge or w/e to compare ModMii v4.7.1 english vs. ModMii v4.7.1 Italian. Then everything that needs to be translated will be highlighted, and u can skip over all the non-highlighted parts. That way if you have any more questions about what or how to translate something, u can answer them by copying what the Italians have done [​IMG]