OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

I was thinking for a party I am going to have, i wanted to stream music from my computer to my Wii.
I was looking at GeeXboX, but only thing is my setup is wireless, and it wasnt starting properly anyways
mad.gif

So i want to know, does any software exist that i can stream my videos and music to my Wii. I'd rather it be Homebrew, as homebrew is always better than the Internet Browser.

And before anyone says anything: I'm getting a 360...soon enough.
cool.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make an account at www.orb.com on your PC. Then after signing up and putting whatever you want in your orb account. Go on the Wii internet channel and go to orb.com, sign in and you should see your files and be able to play them.

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, i heard about Orb, but the thing is I'd rather have the connection going over a LAN connection rather than it going to a server and back.

But maybe there's an app i can run on the PC and then go into the Wii's internet browser?

@fischju: Also, i tried GeeXboX, but i read that it doesn't support WiFi, and my setup is wireless.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orb is an app you have on your PC. Just when you sign up for Orb, add your music/video files into your account. Keep the Orb program open on your PC. Go on the Wii's Internet Browser and go to www.orb.com, log in etc. Then you can now see the files you added on your PC, on the Wii and play them, etc etc.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd wait until either GeexBox or MplayerWii have wireless network support. Hopefully GeeXboX will have it soon, depends on if anyone can get some good wireless drivers going I guess.

*edit*
Hm, actually, it's probably easier to just slap what you want into a USB drive if you can. Both should work pretty well with USB now (I know GeeXboX actually streams a lot of video pretty well over USB now).

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, i dont know what i should do.
wacko.gif

I saw orb on The Lab with Leo Laporte, but i dont want to use it as you have to register etc. I'd rather something easier. I'll look into Wiideo center.

So i guess no one has written a Homebrew channel to stream. (I'm not going to buy an adapter just to use with GeeXboX
wink.gif
)

I think i'll wait for GeeXboX or something else. I'll use Orb as a last resort.

I heard that USB is only 1.1 so it's slow tho.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr Eggman said:
I heard that USB is only 1.1 so it's slow tho.

GeeXboX and MplayerWii both seem to use some kind of a cache in memory now. As I said, Video over USB in a lot of cases works pretty well in my experience. I was watching anime episodes I had on an external drive with full speed and no hiccups in the play or anything.

Longbaugh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Orb is an app you have on your PC. Just when you sign up for Orb, add your music/video files into your account. Keep the Orb program open on your PC. Go on the Wii's Internet Browser and go to www.orb.com, log in etc. Then you can now see the files you added on your PC, on the Wii and play them, etc etc.

Orb is slow as crap unfortunately, I only have a decent watching experience if i watch on my cellphone, with the wii its bufferes for 2-4 seconds ever 10 seconds, even on a low quality episode of the boondocks.

woody0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well youtube on the internet browser is my main streamer, it may not be from the computer but i find it easier and cheaper than going to find an external HD and having to run GeeXboX all the while.

mdlmemorybank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
programs u could use for the internet channel, i remember people used to use pimp stream or wiivcr "i think that what it was called,could never get that one to work
tongue.gif
"

also if u have a usb hard drive or a psp u can use either of those on GeeXbox, worked for me any way
smile.gif

don't know if any of this helps u but i thought i should try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb