Gaming I want to start playing WOW

smoothbwlr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I have to ask a very noobish questions. In order to play wow do you buy the game from a store like best buy or do you simply download it like you would for other mmorpg's on pc?

I want to play on a private server because I heard that you can play for free that way. I don't want to pay monthly because i change games alot, I play one for a few weeks then move on to another, then go back. So I dont want to pay 15 bucks and not play or feel obligated to play.

What should I do to get started or should I just decide on whether or not to pay 15 a month?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Speaking from experience, the official, $15/mo WoW is a lot better than the private servers and worth the cost imo. This is mainly due to the official servers being polished and mostly bug free, where as private servers still have many bugs and aren't a populated as the official servers. The private servers have been getting better though.

Also, if I remember correctly, when you buy the game, you get one month free. They also have a 10-day trail version on the website. Or if you have a friend that has WoW, you can install it on your PC from their CDs and see if they still have the 14-day free trail codes that came with the game.

You can buy the game, with or without the first expansion, in stores. Or you can download it from the WoW website, but I think that's only if you create an account with them.

If you decide to pirate it, there's no CD key or cracks needed, since normally you would "authenticate" it by logging into the Blizzard servers. All you have to do is edit the login server entry in one of the files to make it point to a private servers (this is explained on private server websites).

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
62906-noooo.jpg

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
You could view "Make Love not Warcraft" episode of South Park, I never even watched trailer or gameplay of this game as I saw some of my friends got sucked there and are always there, they never come to forums.

If you dont want to see that episode, I tell you some part of it:
At somepoint Blizzard two owners are after a WoW account to get into the world, one of them asks the other "hey, do you have a WoW account?", the other one replies "no, I got a life". got it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end